Vaughn's pov

The man's chilling laughter echoed through the silent room, his madness unbroken even as his hand bled. "You think bullets will kill me? I didn't wait so long to kill you, just to get killed myself," he cackled.

Filled with a primal fury, I pounced on him, plunging the knife into his hand, feeling the bones crack beneath. He winced, but the laughter persisted, spit spraying across my face. I roughly pulled the knife out, driving it deep into his stomach instead, silencing him as blood seeped from the wound, tainting his shirt crimson.

"You see right there?" I grabbed his jaw, forcing him to look at Alicia. "That is my girl. You messed with her, you touched her, and no one hurts my girl.the last face you see before you fucking die is mine." I cut him deeper with each word, watching the life drain from his eyes.

Suddenly, he grabbed something from his pocket, pointing it at Alicia. "For Mandy and Liliana," he choked out. Without hesitation, ignoring the cries from everyone. I rushed in front of her, shielding her with my body as the bullets tore into me.

I smiled at Alicia, mouthing the words "I love you" as my body hit the ground with a thud. Alicia's cries filled the room, but I smiled , in that moment, knowing she was safe.