Alicia's pov

Author's note:
after yesterdays chapter, you guys said you wanted the blurb and cover reveal, well you will be getting it soon enough hehe, also there will be a trope and release date as well! Hint: it's a lot darker than the blurb for this book 😉😉

As I regained consciousness, my groggy mind struggled to focus. Before me stood a pair of crazed eyes. "Please, let me go," I pleaded, my throat dry with fear.

"Aww, that's fine - your boyfriend is coming soon anyway," he sneered. My heart sank at the mention of Vaughn. The man's rough hands gripped my face cruelly. "Don't think so much, princess. This will be over very soon."

He disappeared into the shadows, leaving me to frantically struggle against my bonds, the harsh ropes cutting into my skin. Suddenly, the door burst open, rattling off its hinges. "We have visitors, it appears," the man said, reemerging from the darkness.

My eyes desperately searched the room, landing on Vaughn. The fury and vengeance in his gaze made my heart sink. Guns were raised, and the air exploded with the deafening roar of gunfire. Blood spattered the floor, but the man merely laughed, his hand bleeding.

"You think bullets will kill me? I didn't wait so long to kill you, just to get killed myself," he cackled madly.

Vaughn pounced, driving a knife into the man's hand with a primal fury. The warehouse fell silent, except for the man's chilling laughter. I held my breath, praying that this nightmare would come to an end.