Alicia's pov

"Get up right now, Alicia. You have to stop sulking over that asshole. It's not like he's the love of your life," Ariella scolded, tossing me a dress that barely had any fabric. Letting out a groan, I glanced at her and whined, "But what if he is? I know I'm being dramatic, but there's something about him. I can't explain it, even though we just met."

She sighed, taking a seat and gently untangling a knot in my hair. "Girl, if he doesn't treasure you like the jewel you are, he's not worth it. Besides, men are supposed to ruin your lipstick, not your mascara," she smirked. I chuckled and said, "You didn't just quote Marilyn Monroe, did you?"

"Yes, I did," she replied with a grin. "Now, get ready. We're heading to our first day of school, and you're going to turn heads." Her playful confidence started to seep into me as I retorted, "Fine, but you owe me a latte!" I yelled playfully as I entered the bathroom to do my makeup.

As I began applying a natural makeup look with just lip balm and mascara, not feeling up to much else, I heard faint yelling and doors slamming from downstairs. What on earth was happening down there? I walked out of the bathroom to investigate, only to be greeted by an angry Ariella. "Someone's at the door for you," she whispered-yelled.

"Who?" I asked, my heart racing. "Jesus, go down and slam the door on him," she urged, giving me a push toward the door. Descending the stairs, Who could it possibly be? It couldn't be him, could it? He wouldn't dare to show up at my dorm. Blinking back unexpected tears, I took a deep breath and opened the door.