Alicia's pov

DISCLAIMER: this chapter is going to be very short because i am sick and sorry i haven't updated :(((( sorry!

As I settled into the plush velvet chair and cracked open my book, i missed vaughn. Letting out a sigh, I closed the book abruptly and reached into my pocket, retrieving my phone. With a click, I clicked on Vaughn's number and began typing, "I miss you." Moments passed as the three dots appeared, indicating his response, only to vanish a few seconds later. A tinge of disappointment crept in until my phone rang, and it was Vaughn on the other end. "Hi," I whispered. "You miss me?" he inquired. "Yeah," I murmured."Open the window, Alicia," he instructed. I walked toward the balcony with my phone in hand, pulling open the window to find Vaughn waiting outside, clad in his suit, and phone in hand. Without hesitation, I ran to him, hugging him tightly. "I thought you wouldn't be back for some time," I grinned. "Well, I had to see you," he replied, pressing his lips against mine. "I missed you so much," he whispered against my lips. Pulling back, I held him tightly, almost afraid to let go. I nestled my head against the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent. God, how I had missed him. He lifted me up, and we made our way back into the room. "The gala is tomorrow night. The dress I got for you will be delivered tomorrow morning, okay?" he told me. "Okay. Do you want something to eat?" I asked. "Yeah, what can you cook?" he inquired. "Um, scrambled eggs," I forced a smile. "How about I cook something? What would you like?" he raised an eyebrow. God, he cooks too. Does he have to be so perfect? "I don't mind, but seriously, you don't need to cook for me. You just came back from a flight," I protested. "I'm fine, and I want to cook for you, okay? An omelette with rice and salad, alright?" I nodded as he carried me in his arms to the kitchen, where he gently placed me in a chair, and I watched him skillfully navigate through the kitchen.After a few minutes, a mouthwatering omelette appeared before me. "This looks so good," I exclaimed as I scooped up a bite and savored its taste. "It tastes even better," I moaned with delight, sensing Vaughn's eyes on me. "What?" I asked, my mouth half-full. "Nothing, just continue eating," he said, shifting slightly in his seat.