|𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨|

Aravindh POV:

I paced outside the operation theatre impatiently with my mom and dad. Inside, my wife was giving birth to our baby, her screams of pain echoing through the corridor. I walked back and forth with tension, but then I heard a baby crying, and my heart felt peace. The nurse came out, saying, "Congratulations Mr. Mishra, it is a baby girl."

Tears welled up in my eyes as the nurse handed me the small baby cocooned in a towel. It is a moment I had dreamed of, every struggle and sacrifice was suddenly worth it. Her arrival brought a wave of emotions I never knew existed. She became my everything, my reason for being.

My parents were over the moon seeing my little princess. After some time, I took her inside when the nurse said her mother woke up. When I showed her our baby princess, she looked away, and I sighed.

It's always been like this between us, always fighting over everything. My parents had forced me into this arranged marriage. She married me because I was a topper in my college, expecting me to become a billionaire. But my business ideas failed, and I ended up in a small company, earning a decent salary.

It was never enough for her. Even when she found out she was pregnant, she wanted to abort the child, fearing it would affect her body. Me, my parents and her parents pleaded not to abort.

She said, "It is a girl, with your monthly income, I am definitely sure that we can't raise her well." I didn't want my princess to wake up as she curled up in my arms, sleeping peacefully catching my little finger tightly.

I gave her to my mother and said, "Take care of her for some time, Maa," and went back to my wife. I asked, "So what do you want me to do?"

She replied, "Just leave her in any orphanage." I couldn't believe what she just said. I whispered, "How could you...? She is our daughter, Meera, how can you say that?"

She scoffed, saying, "She is your daughter, not mine so I am off. Raise her on your own and struggle yourself for money. I am divorcing you and marrying another rich man."

Disgust is what I felt. How could a mother say that to her own child? If I agreed now, I would be the one separating the mother and daughter.

I wanted to say no, but before I could, my mom came running inside, shouting, "Aravindh, the baby is not breathing properly!" I shouted WHAT in shock, taking her and rushing to the doctor.

After some time, I stood outside a glass door, seeing my princess in the incubator. My heart ached with pain. The doctor said she was born weak because her mother didn't have proper nutrition during pregnancy.

That was it. I went out and shouted at her, "I am divorcing you. I will send the documents to your home. Also, I have one condition: never ever come near my daughter."

She scoffed, saying, "As if I want to see you're both pathetic faces." With that, she discharged and went on her own way as I stood outside the baby room, crying.

After a few days, I was working on my new business idea after feeding my princess milk. Oh, I forgot to mention my princess's name.

She is Aarohi-Aarohi Mishra.

I was patting her with one hand and working on my laptop with the other when suddenly I felt her breathing becoming abnormal.

"Fucking shit, this is happening again," I muttered. I had been spending a lot of money on her tablets every month, and doc said she would be alright very soon, as responding well to the medicine. But now, I sensed something was wrong.

I picked her up, cooing to her, and searched for her tablets only to find them empty. I threw them away and went to pick up my wallet, but it was empty too. Since it was the end of the month, I had nothing left with me. I leaned against the wall, holding my princess in my arms tightly, feeling her breath lessen bit by bit.