Chapter 56: Avi's death & war's fierceness frightened Shalu!!

Story Unfolds:

At the Royal tent of Karna: At night of 13th day:

"Ap aisa kyse kar sakte ho, Arya? (How can you do that, my husband?)"

One beautiful lady was asking this in broken voice.

She was asking the question to a man who stood lowering his head to the floor. He knew why he did that. But he did not want to discuss the details of the incident. I am taking about the most sensitive topic of Mahabharata war. The brutal killing of Avimanyu. By the seven warriors or Sapta Rathi. Where the Boy fought fiercely and all alone. All broken. All injured. Without arms. With only a wheel at his hands. Where he was killed ruthlessly by the six armed men there. Deonacharya and Karna was there. But they did not participate in the murder. Karna had came down at the last moment. When he sensed that they would try to kill him painfully by piercing each part of his young body. The trauma was huge. He could not see that in his own eyes. He recalled the merciless killing of his own young eight sons. He intervened but Duryi and others were not ready to listen to him. They were delighted to get this sudden opportunity just to avenge the deaths of their sons. Avi killed Laxman Kumar and others. This boy showed extreme talent in the war front and killed the Up-Kaurava all by himself. Single Handedly. So all the 99 Kaurava brothers had grudge against this young boy. Except only Yutyutsyu or Yut who joined the Pandava side.

The man closed his eyelids tightly. He was still mesmerized by the bravery of that young boy who fought with the seven Maharathi alone. Armless. In one wheel in hands. Yet he fought so hard. So bravely. His face was brave and fearless. He could still watch the challenge in the eyes of the boy. He could still listen his cry in his ears.

"Ao. Yudhh karo. Main Arjuna Putra Avimanyu apni pran rehte har nahin manunga. (Come. figwht with me. I, son of Arjuna, Avimanyu will not try to surrender before you cowards. Till I am alive.)"

     Fiercest Avi at his last battle

The boy did not flinch a bit. The boy did not cry for help. The boy never looked back. The boy never asked to stop. He fought. Fought. And fought. Bravely. With arms. With arrows. With swords. With Spears. Then with just a wheel. But he did not gave up. They surrounded him and tried to pierce his flesh. He fall down. They kicked him hard at legs. He got up in an instance. They pierced his thighs. He bit his lips but he did not scream. Blood poured down from his entire body. He was blood soaked. Yet he did not a bit admitted defeat. Never!!! He ran out of his arms!!!  Yet he got up at every single time. God!!!! What was that young boy was ever made of?!!! Steel!!!! Perhaps!!!! He was just like his son Sushen at age!!!

At the last moment Karna had came to him and did a coward like act that none had expected him to do. He had used his sharpest knife and stabbed it through the boy's back. Aiming at his heart.

The boy had staggered a little bit and then looked at him in awe. He never thought that Anga Raj could stoop so low. To back stab a young boy!!!! He respected Karna more than his dear father Arjuna!!! As father of his friend Vrish!!!!