Chapter 80: Satya's coronation delights Shalu!!

Story Unfolds:

At the Royal bedroom chamber of Queen Mother of Anga: a fortnight later: at the morning:

One beautiful lady was sitting upright in her lavish mahogany bed. Her face was stern. She looked passive. She had looked indifferent. She looked not a bit interested in the hustle and bustle of the busy city. The morning made all persons busy in their works. Men now were going to their daily works. While ladies were busy in their household chores. Some were carrying pots of water. Some were gathering near the pond area for bath. Some were seen to give the Gow Mata or the holy cow a tribute. Some were gone to the small temple or the Mandir of Lord Brahma Dev to worship him. Only this one had nothing to do. She felt quite low!!! So dejected!!! So dead!!! As if she had not a single attraction left over the world for her!!!!

The impact of the devastating news of the destruction of Yadu Vansh had so effective for all of her family. Yet it was she who was affected most. She had closed the door of her bedroom apartment. Never to open it again. In her lifetime. She needed some time to mourn for her dear Padmaja!!! And her husband Pradumna!!!! Yes she was the soft hearted mother-in-law of Shalu, Devi Padmavati, herself.

 She needed some time to mourn for her dear Padmaja!!! And her husband Pradumna!!!! Yes she was the soft hearted mother-in-law of Shalu, Devi Padmavati, herself

       Devi Vrushali Padmavati

She closed her eyes tightly. The faces of Padmaja and Pradumna were now roaming in her mind. She felt so very heartbroken as a mother. She could not save her daughter. It was a blow on her soft heart. As a parent, none had a desire to see the corpse of her own children. She saw them!! Nine of them!!! All lying in the pool of blood and gore!!! All stone cold!!! All dead and gone!!! Her Sudama who called her "Maiya" and gave her the chance to feel motherhood for the first time in her young life!!! Her Vrishasen who made her mother with every kick off him inside her womb!!! Her Satyasen who worshipped her as his Goddess even over Supriya!!! Her Banasen who loved to confide in her and only in her!!! Her Chitrasen who loved to draw paintings of all of his family!!!! Her Shatru and Dip who loved to be the two little pillars of their family!!! Her Sushen who pranked with her every now and then!!! Her Prasen who promised to come back to her after the war of Mahabharata!!!! Her Supriya who was her backbone!!! Her Uruvi who was her sunshine!!! Her beloved Padmaja who made her smile everytime!!! And most of all her dear husband Karna!!!! All gone!!! All left her alone!!!! In this world!!! Now even Pandava were decided to go to the Mahaprasthan!!! She had nothing left for her!!!!

A small sigh escaped her mouth. She got up and sat down on the corner of her big bedroom chamber. She had no desire left. In her heart. She had been decided her fate. But to know about it you have to wait till the next episode.

A loud and clear sound of knocking at her door rang in her eardrum. Padma then looked up and lifted her calm and tired eyes to the door.

"Mata!!!"

The soft and worried voice of her dear Shalu rang in her eardrum. For a few second Padma felt soft. This girl!!! She had to take care of the whole Anga!!! Along with Vrishaketu, Yuvankshi, their son Yudhhajit and Shatrughna!!!Yet she continually had been knocking and banging on her every now and then to check about her mother-in-law's safety!!! Padma had a soft corner for her Shalu!!! She loved her not as a mother-in-law, but as a dear mother!!! She accepted Shalu as her daughter immediately after the death of her son Vrish!!!!