< 6 > He broke her heart

Mishti :)

I entered the party, I was hell nervous

I entered the party, I was hell nervous.. Thankfully Mr Shrivastav was there near the entrance.. He approached me with a smile.. "Thank You Sir for this beautiful gown, " I said politely, "All thanks to my wife, she chose it for you! " he said pointing at his wife who was busy talking with someone.. I smiled at him..

Some well known business people approached me from their side, it made me feel proud of my work.. As I was alone, I didn't drink any alcoholic drinks rather I chose to have mocktails.. The party was quite pleasant, it continued till 12:00.. I was glad because it's a party which just revolved around business without any sort of unnecessary drama and drunk people..

I came outside , my driver was nowhere to be seen.. I went near the gate , it's quite dark and I didn't see the broken road. My heel got stuck and I slipped. I could have fallen on my stomach on the floor, but two strong arms held me.. His one hand wrapped around my belly and other one was around my shoulder.

I looked up only to find Mr Shrivastav, "Oh Thank you! " I muttered and stood up properly.. "It's too late, if you won't mind I will drop you at your location. And my wife will be with us too, so you can trust me! " he said, "Umm, but.. Okay .. " I said.. He guided me to follow him, but someone held my hand. I turned back, it's Abir.. A sign of relief ran down my spine. A smile automatically formed on my lips.

I stepped back towards Abir, he was still holding my hand. "Thank you Mr Shrivastav for your concern, but I will take her with me! " he said, for the first time I felt like he was actually frustrated.. "Oh my God, Abir Rajvansh. We have heard a lot about you. Nice to meet you! " he showed his excitement and both shook their hands with each other..

Mr Shrivastav left, Abir left my hand.. He removed his jacket and wrapped it around me.. We headed towards his car, he opened the passenger seat door for me. I got inside. He started driving.. "From when are you waiting for me? " I asked, breaking the ice like silence.. "The moment you slipped and he held you, " he replied, I licked my lips and gave a simple node.

One weird thing I felt today, but I can't tell him.. The moment I slipped and Mr Shrivastav held me, I thought , No ! I actually expected it to be Abir.. I really thought Abir held me, but it disappointed me.. I shrugged it off..

He was driving roughly, "Are you angry with me? " I asked, every time he acted chill around me, but today something was off..

"We get angry at our own people. And I don't think we share a bond where I can be angry at you, " he replied, my eyes stayed on the road after hearing what he said. I didn't react to anything but it made me feel sad..

"I have booked tickets for Australia, we are moving tomorrow! " I announced that I haven't even done .. He muttered ok.. Ok? Seriously? Today his behaviour quite changed towards me.. Just because I attended a business party and didn't attend any garba night, he can't be rude to me. It doesn't make any sense.. I sighed..