< 37 > Dark weather and growing intimacy

Abir :)

I descended the stairs in search of Mishti, she had come outside saying she needed water. But there was no trace of her in the kitchen, mumma told me that she went outside.. I made my way to the garden, I saw her standing there, her back was facing me.. I reached her, she was involved in her own thoughts that she couldn't sense my presence..

I wrapped my both arms around her belly and placed my chin on her shoulder. I could felt slight motion on her belly, "Are you crying? " I freaked out, before I could make her look at me, she turned around and pushed herself into my embrace.. I was stunned, I stumbled over my feet.. She pressed her face on my chest and started crying..

Her arms weren't wrapped around me, but her fingers were tightly clutching my shirt from the front.. "Look at me.. Hey! " I whispered, as I tried to distance her, she clutched my shirt more tightly, her face nuzzling more onto my chest.. I could hear her whimper and sobs.. "Are you crying because I am going to Switzerland? " I asked her, her tears soaked into my shirt making it wet.. I knew it..

"Don't go...! " She cried, once again I tried to make her look at me, but she held me even tighter.. She didn't want me to see her crying face.. This was what I was expecting. At first when I told her, she was acting all normal and now I realized she was just faking it.. "Okay, I won't go.. I will cancel it, or postpone it, or I don't know what I will do with it.. You just stop crying first! " I said, she pulled herself back in a jerk..

Her wet cheeks were covered with her hair strands, her babyface was looking swollen and her nose was red.. I adjusted her hair and cupped her cheeks.. "You are my first priority-" she cut me off in the middle, "You don't have to cancel it for me.. I was crying because I would miss you.. That doesn't mean you will cancel it, I said it in a flow, nothing serious, " she said in one breath.. I stared at her face for whole two minutes..

The point was not that she would miss me.. The point was I didn't want to leave her at such a crucial time, where she needs me.. She won't get sleep without talking to me, without meeting me.. But my work was important, that's why I couldn't deny it. And now after seeing her in such a condition, I was in a dilemma ..

"He is my friend and I will postpone it saying I have a medical emergency-" she cut me off, giving me a hard glare.. "I told you means it's the decision, no changes are allowed. You are going and it's finally. It's about 4,5 days only and I am okay with it, " she said in a stern voice, "It's about more than a week, if things don't go well then more than two weeks, " I added, I was just trying to be honest, I did not want to give her false hope..

She stared at me and licked her lips.. "I will involve myself in my work... It's been ages I haven't done anything.. All the responsibilities are upon Jeevika and Mrinal bhai, I need to watch the progression of my company! " She stated, hiding the pain behind her black orbs. "I will miss you, but it shouldn't stop you from doing your work.. Go ahead! " She said and pushed me back gently, her face was pale and her voice was sounding heavy..

I wanted to take her with me, but I would be busy in my work and I can't take the risk again. Once I have seen what had happened to her in my absence and it won't happen again. And another thing was in Switzerland it's too much cold, her health condition won't allow me to take such steps where I would take her with me.. Her lungs was affected, she would face breathing problems, she might catch cold or fever and her treatment is still going on.. I won't take that risk..

"I would video call you at night! " I assured her, she smiled at me as a lonely tear dropped from the corner of my eyes.. She wiped it away before my hand could reach her cheek.. "Let's go to my room! " I said, "Why? " She asked me, raising her eye brows.. "Because your boyfriend wants to spend some quality time with you before leaving, " I added and pulled her into my embrace.. I brushed my lips on the thickness of her hair and slowly moved down to her cheek..