< 13 > The intimacy we share

Mishti :)

The terrible incident flashed in front of my eyes, I jerked off my sleep. Seeing the wall of the house, I realized it was my room.. I felt a sharp pain in my head, I wasn't able to move my right hand properly.

My eyes moved down to see whether anyone was present in the room or it was me only. My breath stuck, I saw the person I didn't expect to be there , I didn't want his presence around me . Adrene. He was sitting on a small chair near my bed, his eyes glued to his phone screen. I looked around, there was no one else ..

How did I reach here? How is Papa? Is he fine? Where did Abir go?  He was the one who saved me. Then how did Adrene reach here?

I blinked my eyes , I put myself in a big trouble. Adrene must have gotten to know that I went to meet papa. Hell! I wasn't supposed to share a good bond with any of my family. Shit! I thought to close my eyes and pretend like I was sleeping, but he saw me..

"Hey sweetheart, are you feeling good? " He asked me in a soft voice, my lips thinned as I smiled forcefully giving a nod.. "How are you here? I mean won't it be a problem if my family finds out about your presence here? " I asked him, the only way I could know about my family members and papa.

His eyes became doubtful, "Your family won't come here, your father has been hospitalized. So everyone is there! " Hearing those words, I became terrified. A lump formed in my heart, I felt restless. But I didn't show any of my emotions because it would create a mess.

"Why did you go to meet your father? " he asked me, making a straight face, he had a big doubt on me, I gulped.. "I went to him, umm.. I need a large amount of money . So I wanted to take some money in the form of a loan! So  I personally went to discuss it with him! " I lied, his eyebrows furrowed.. He put his palm in the back of my head and tightened his grip around my hair , making me wince in pain..

"Sweetheart, if you needed money, you could have contacted me! Just tell me the truth! " he roared, my blood boiled in anger. My jaw hardened, even though I felt difficulties I sat down and pushed him away.. "If you don't trust me, just stay away! " I shouted back, his nose flared up in danger. He was about to come close when I pointed my index finger at me..

"I don't care who the hell you are, don't forget that You are talking with Mishti Agarwal. And I fucking don't give anyone the rights to talk with me in that tone, mind it. Stay in your limits! " I spat back, my fingers curled around the bedsheet in a tight grip.. He smirked, his lips twitched into a smile of amusement, like he was impressed..

"And about my father! I don't give a damn to him. I actually needed some money and if you don't have any trust in me, I can throw the paper on your face. And about you, I could have asked you for money . But don't forget that if you send a huge amount of money, your dad will be the first one to know about it. Then he would have known about us! That's why I didn't ask you, " I said in full confidence..

Neither I was in need of any money, nor I had any papers to show him. But it was all about my confidence which made him believe in me. His facial expressions changed, he sat down beside me on the bed and pulled me in a hug. Already his presence was suffocating me, and this damn hug made me feel disgusted. I simply pushed him away and stared at him with anger filled eyes .

"It actually broke me that you don't trust me. Nobody does, but I thought you were different. But anyway, people can never understand me! " I said, I was feeling proud of myself for maintaining such a fake scenery. "I am sorry for doubting you. See, put yourself in my position. You belong to our enemy family, how can I trust you. Just yesterday I told you that your father's life is in danger and today you went to meet him. So what would I do? " he asked helplessly..