27

Y/n's POV

After class I rush back to my dorm to dress properly for me and Nathan's dinner. I wasn't sure where he would be taking me but I figured I should dress nice. I even decided to do a little make up. I grabbed my painting which I had made while I was away, the one which Steph and I decided on the name guilty as sin I am planning on giving it to Nathan. I place it in a gift back with tissue paper.

One I'm done getting ready I walk out of my room. As I'm walking to the boys dorm I get a call. Speaking of the devil.

"Yo y/n, how's life back at home?" Step asks through the phone. "Hey Steph! It's been...interesting to say the least, but I'm glad to be back!" I tell her. "Awesome! I just found out I'll be getting out in a couple months! And I talked to parole officers and he said that if I can prove myself to be trust worthy he would let me go visit you when I'm out!" She tells me cheerfully and a big smile appears on my face. "Steph that's awesome! I think you'll like it here." I tell her. "I've been looking at some pics online it seems beautiful..." she says calmly but I feel as though there was a sad undertone. "Shit y/n it's dinner time I better go, cya! Dont forget to tell Rott about me!" She says referring to Nathan, "I'll make sure he knows about you don't worry, bye Steph" I smile and she hangs up.

I walk into the boys dorm building sneakily. I know if David was anywhere around he would throw a fit and get me into as much trouble as possible. Sometimes I wish skip was still around, he wouldn't care. I'm glad his band 'Pisshead' worked out though.

I walk past Nathan's room and go straight for Justin's. When I knock I hear a groan. The door opens slowly and I see Justin's surprised face. "Y/n..." he says. "Hey Justin- I know you like totally hate me but i want you to know that...me saying Nathan shouldn't affect our friendship. And I heard you haven't been talking to Trevor as much and I hate that. We've all been best friends since like forever! So this weekend I want the three of us, just the three of us, to hang out. Maybe play some GTA or go skating. Like it used to be." I smile.

He looks down and then back up. "Like it used to be huh? Count me in" he says and I smile. After that I walk over to Nathan's room. Before I knock I text Trevor letting him know the plan.

Me: yo trevor me you and Justin are gonna hang this weekend just the 3 of us like old times cool?

Trevor: awesome! Sounds like a plan dude

I knock on Nathan's door. He opens it and comes out. He is wearing something I haven't seen him in forever. A collard shirt layered underneath a blue sweater. I smile, "I love that you're wearing this again". To which he smiles and closes the door and kisses me. "Thanks, wanted to dress nice for our first date since you've been gone."  He tells me and I smile.

We walk out to his truck and he opens my door for me. "What a gentleman" I tell him. When he gets in the drivers seat we begin the drive and he places his hand in my thigh, something that was a regular occurrence when he drove us.

The drive is long, about 2 hours long. The car ride was peaceful. We mainly just listened to music for the ride with the occasional talking. One thing about Nathan and I is we both enjoy a comfortable silence. When we arrived at some restaurant called  The Black Dog Nathan for out and opened my door. I say thank you and he holds my hand and walks me inside.

"How can I help the two of you?" The host asks. "Reservation for Prescott." Nathan says plainly, he's not much of a talk when it comes to others. The host types in the computer and says, "alright follow me" and she leads us to a table with a candle and rose in the center and two menus in front of our seats. We both sit down and look at the menu.

The waiter finally comes and takes our order. While we wait for our food I ask Nathan, "are you excited for football?" "I Dunno, the only reason I play is because of my dad...maybe this year will be better. Will u be coming to the game this Friday?" He asks. "Of course! I can't hang out Saturday though I made plans with Justin and Trevor." I tell him and notice how he shifts in his seat but I'm not sure as to why. "Still friends with those losers?" He asks. "Yes Nathan, things have been well rough I guess ever since me and you got together and I'm trying to patch things up with them" I tell him honestly. "Well enough about them tell me about Michigan" he says.

"I'm glad you ask, over all it wasn't bad I recover lots of letters, he'll even Frank sent me one." I laugh. "What did he have to say?" Nathan asks. "Just that he hopes I'm doing good and that he wishes the best for me. Him and I used to be like brother and sister" I tell Nathan. "My roomie's name was Steph and I told her lots about you, she even helped me name this" I say as I hand Nathan the gift bag with the painting in it. "Should I be scared?" Nathan asks and we both laugh and when he talks the painting out of the bag his face seems shocked. "Fuck y/n, you painted this?" He asks in amazement. "Yeah, we named it Guilty as Sin I thought a lot about you while I was in there...and a lot about- that night" I tell him. "Me too, I hated not knowing how you were. I tried to contact your dad but couldn't remember his number" he tells me. I smile at the thought that Nathan cares so much.