New information

After dinner, my mom and I watched TV. I was quite tired, but we haven't had much time with mom lately.

We watched an episode of the series and when it ended, I went to the kitchen to clean the dishes after dinner.

Mom watched the news as usual.

"That's awful." I heard mom from the living room.

"What?" I asked and went to see for myself.

Footage of some horrible event was playing on the TV. Everywhere there was smoke, confusion, dead people and collapsed buildings.

"What happened?" I asked my mom when I saw it.

"There was some terrorist attack in Odessa, they say a few days ago. They have new information." mom explained.

I leaned back on the couch and looked at the screen again.

"What kind?" I asked.

"They suspect someone from Evos."

"Ah." I didn't really want to believe that information. Mom looked at me.

"Don't even think about being friends with any of them." she said sternly and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't think they'll be that bad. They must have thrown it at them somehow." I answered.

"Mia!" Mom shouted. Sometimes she didn't like my opinion, because after dad died she was much more distrustful.

"Sorry mom. I promise I won't be friends with any of them." I said forcedly to make mom happy. She smiled.

"Thanks. Now go to sleep, it's getting pretty late." she said and I didn't protest.

"Okay good night mom." I said and turned around.

"Good night honey." she replied.

When I left the living room, I still heard from the television.

"Any information about anyone from Evos is required to be reported immediately by everyone."

"Where the world is going." Mom commented and I just sighed.

The weekend flew by and it was Monday again.

I hate Monday.

I headed to school. I wasn't even looking forward to the stupid faces of those idiots.

I was hoping to meet Tommy at least. Something, something deep somewhere in the body, hoped to see him again.

I entered the school building and headed to my locker.

There weren't many people in the corridors. It was Monday, it to be expected. I didn't deal with it, I took the necessary things from the locker as always and headed down the hall to the classroom.

I've been thinking about the shooting nightmare all weekend. I was at school, but there were people in the corridor and it was daylight. It couldn't happen now, unless the nightmare was true...

I bumped into someone.

"Can't you watch where you're stepping?!" I said angrily but when I looked up I saw him.