New boy at school

I headed to my locker, but on the way I noticed something strange.

Not far from my locker, there was a boy. I never noticed him before. He must have been new for sure, but it's weird to transfer after a month of school.

I shook my head and continued on my way.

But the boy fascinated me so much that I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He was something familiar to me and at the same time so unknown. He looked around in confusion while rummaging through his locker.

Someone big walked past me.

Oh no, sportsmen.

They were the worst boys in school. Like I said, they thought they owned the whole school. But this one was heading straight for the new boy.

"Well, well, we have a newbie here." he said.

The new boy turned on him. He obviously didn't want to cause any trouble, but sportsman grabbed him by the shirt and pinned him against the locker.

 He obviously didn't want to cause any trouble, but sportsman grabbed him by the shirt and pinned him against the locker

"Hey!" I yelled but before I could say it, he punched the new boy in the stomach and he fell to the ground.

Everyone around just stared stupidly, laughed or pretended not to see anything.

But I ran to him. These sportsmans loved kicking people the most...

"Hey!" I shouted again as I ran to them. The boy somewhat worriedly reached out his hand to him..

 The boy somewhat worriedly reached out his hand to him

I didn't think about it and continued.

"How about you find someone your equal, huh?" I said harshly. The sportsman just rolled his eyes and left.

"Are you okay?" I asked the boy who was still sitting on the ground. I gave him a hand and helped him up.

"Yes.. thanks." he stammered. I smiled.

"Don't worry about it. He's moron like every sportsman at this school. They think they own the whole school." I replied turning to my locker. It was only about ten lockers from his.

I opened the lock on it and put the textbooks for the first lesson in my backpack.

I closed the locker again and glanced at the new boy.

He put the backpack that fell on the ground back on his back, the locker was still open and he was looking at me.

I smiled nervously. It was after three years that someone was so interested in me. I didn't really make friends with anyone from school and I generally preferred to be alone. The only person closest to me was Dax...

I headed towards the classroom, further along the corridor. But he quickly slammed the locker and stopped me as soon as I walked around him and took a few steps.

"Wait please." he called and ran to me.

"Yes?" I said sweetly. I didn't want to be rude to him, even though he got ahead of me and I couldn't continue on my way.

He was obviously surprised that I was so nice to him and it took him a while to speak again.

"What's your name?" he finally asked.

Ugh, I was afraid it would be something worse.

"My name is Amelie, Amelie Harrisn but you can call me Mia." I answered him.

Only those closest to me could call me Mia, and even though I had barely known this boy for five minutes, it felt right to let him.

He smiled.

"I'm Tommy." he said.

"Alright Tommy, nice to meet you. I hope you like it in our school which is full of idiots." I smiled and walked towards the classroom because the bell was about to ring.

"Thanks." he said before I left. I turned to him and smiled.

He was turning in my direction and you could see that he was happy to meet someone.