Suspicious

Third person perspective:

The commissioner hadn't told anyone that Tommy was Evo yet, but he still had to be careful.

When he returned the next day to his mother at the hospital to visit her again, the nurse was also in the room.

"Hi Mom." Tommy greeted his mother.

The nurse was taking his mother's blood pressure. Meanwhile, Tommy stayed by the door. But the whole hospital has already evidently started whispering about the fact that he is one of them.

When the nurse finished her work, she was about to leave. But she stopped at the door where Tommy was standing.

"Tommy? Would you like to tell me something?" she said, piercing him with a curious look.

Tommy immediately thought that she must know something, but he just shook his head.

"No." he replied with one word and the nurse just nodded her head and left the room.

For a few minutes, Tommy and his mother were alone again after a long time. She even felt better, her condition was improving every day.

Suddenly the door opened and a man walked in.

"Good morning Mrs. Clark." he greeted her.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked.

She exchanged a questioning look with Tommy and then nodded.

"Great." he said excitedly.

"Tommy, you can stay here, we'll need you.

"Who are you anyway?" Tommy asked suspiciously.

"I'm from the police. We have a few questions for everyone here at the hospital. There's been a lot of weird stuff going on these past few days." he said and began digging in the large pocket of his coat.

"We're looking for this man." he took a large photo out of his pocket and showed it to them.

"Didn't you see him?" he asked her first.

"Unfortunately not. What did he do?" she asked.

"He ran escaped a year ago. He was accused of murdering two people five and four years ago. He is a suspect in the murder that happened last night." explained the policeman.

"Murder?" she asked fearfully.

"Yes. An ugly sight. Stab wounds and a couple of gunshot wounds. It happened around half past four in the evening. One woman died." he said turning to Tommy.

"Didn't you see him boy?" he asked, shoving the photo towards Tommy. Tommy looked at the photo but then shook his head.

"No." he replied.

"Really? Any information would be helpful us

"Really? Any information would be helpful us. Doesn't he look a bit familiar to you?" the policeman asked again, and Tommy shook his head again.

"Oh well, we'll just have to keep looking." the policeman said, tucking the photo back into his pocket.

"Wait. Who did he kill? Those four years ago." asked Tommy.

"He killed Mr. Harrisn. A gunshot wound directly to the heart. He was dead on the spot."

Tommy's fears were confirmed. He thought it was him.

"And you just let him run free and don't look for him?" he shouted at the policeman.

"Kid, calm down. It's not as easy as it seems. The police are doing everything they can to find him."

"No, he's been running around here for half a year. You're not doing everything." Tommy said angrily.

"Boy, I suggest you calm down as soon as possible." the policeman ordered him uneasily.

But Tommy teleported away instead.

Mia's POV:

I came home much earlier today.

I entered the room, threw my backpack on the floor by the door, and at that moment Tommy appeared.

"Tommy!" I screamed and immediately hugged him.

"How's your mom?" I asked immediately.

But before he answered me, he looked at me gratefully.

"She's fine, thanks. She woke up and is feeling much better."

"That is great." I said excitedly.

"But that's not why I came." he said seriously.

"Okay." I said thoughtfully.

"I heard about the murder that happened last night. There was a policeman in the hospital looking for witnesses. Did you hear about it?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"You should be careful. They say they suspect the guy who killed your dad."

"What?" I said dumbfounded. It suprised me.

"They say he also killed another woman a few years ago." he added, but I didn't really notice it anymore.

I didn't know what to say.

Evos, attacks, another murder..

Suddenly, Tommy gave me a hug that surprised me.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you." he told me as he held me in his arms.