Cafe

The next day Tommy and I went to a cafe, as we agreed.

Emily, a pretty popular girl with the boys, worked in the cafe. But I didn't like her very much. She was good at taking advantage of people sometimes. When they were popular of course.

We sat at the end table so that we had enough privacy. Although the cafe was not completely full, there were still a few curious people there.

We ordered lemonades and I ordered vanilla ice cream, it was my favorite.

I asked Tommy when Emily tooked my empty ice cream bowl away.

"Did you hear about the Odessa attack?" He just nodded nervously.

I looked around us and then leaned towards him.

"I don't think the Evos are to blame." I whispered so that no one could hear me.

Tommy leaned towards me and asked in surprise.

"So you're on their side?"

I nodded. You could see on Tommy that he was obviously relieved. I didn't know why, but suddenly all the nervousness seemed to fall from him.

He remained leaning against the table and I saw out of the corner of my eye that Emily had noticed it. She walked around the counter and headed towards us.

"So I could tell you a secret." he said and smiled but stopped when he saw Emily walk up to us.

"Would you like anything else?" she asked so sweetly it made me sick

"Would you like anything else?" she asked so sweetly it made me sick. She was just looking at Tommy the whole time, like I wasn't even sitting there.

Classics.

But Tommy surprised me.

"That depends on Mia." he said looking at me. I smiled and looked at Emily.

She was obviously not very pleased, but I answered her.

"No, I have to go home now." I said with a smile and Emily gave me a forced smile with a nod.

Tommy walked me home again.

When I packed the necessary things for school, something occurred to me.

Tommy's birthday is coming soon.

I looked at the calendar. In five days!

It would be nice to surprise him. He likes comics. Of course!

I immediately sat down at the computer. I didn't know much about comics. I looked at various discussions, reviews, etc.. And I found something.

A comic that was rare and hard to find.

I poured out my pocket money and the money I had saved from jobs on the table and counted them. I could do it. I clapped enthusiastically and looked online for stores.

There were a few of them in the vicinity and even in our town. I took the phone and tried to call into a into few to them.

And yet succeeded it. In one, even in our town, they had it. The seller even promised me that he would put it away for me, but that I have to come get it today.

I didn't expect on anything. I took my wallet, keys and ran out of the house.