Blood

Before I went to the hospital, I stopped at home. Mom was at work as planned.

I arrived at the hospital exactly on time. Tommy was sitting on one of the chairs.

I winked at him and inconspicuously handed him the folded piece of paper.

On it was written:

I'll give you a wink when I get out of that little room and we'll meet outside behind the hospital.

Before I went around the corner, I turned to him. He read the last word, looked at me and nodded subtly.

I walked down the hall until I ran into my mom.

"Mia, what are you doing here?" she asked in surprise.

"Um, I was out and I forgot my keys at home." I answered.

"But I won't come home until night, we have a lot to do."

"I know, can I take yours?" Mom measured me with her eyes and then nodded.

"Yeah, I have them in the next room in my purse. You know where." I nodded and turned and walked back into the small common room for all the staff.

I opened the door and two nurses were sitting in the room.

"Hello Mia." they greeted me.

"Hello, do you know where mom's purse is? I forgot my keys at home. You know, I'm thinking about the boys." I said to distract them.

"Oh yeah, we know that." said one of them.

Sure.

"It's over there, on the back of the room, on the chair." answered the other.

"Thanks." I said and went to the back of the room.

The purse was indeed lying on one of the chairs. I bent over it and opened it.

In one of the pockets were the house keys. But they were there together with the keys to the room I needed.

I discreetly looked behind me. The two were eagerly showing each other something on their cell phones.

I took keys and quickly put them in my pocket. Then I took the house keys, closed purse and left the room.

When I came out, Tommy was sitting to the right of the door. I immediately winked at him, he nodded and I walked out of the hospital as if nothing had happened.

I was standing behind the hospital by a small house. In less than two minutes Tommy appeared there.

He came to me.

"So what?" he asked. I took my keys out of my pocket and jingled.

"Keys?" he asked confused. I nodded.

"They are from the room we need to go to. Can you move us both there?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I'll try it."

I explained to him the place where we need to get to and how it looks exactly there. He touched my shoulder and then his chest.

We both closed our eyes.

I was surrounded by pleasant air and when I opened my eyes we were really at the place where we were supposed to be.

"You made it." I said excitedly.

"Thanks, but what are we going to do here?" asked Tommy.

Without an answer, I took one of the keys and unlocked the door.

I opened the door and pulled Tommy inside.

"Hey." he yelped as he almost landed on the ground. But when he then looked around the room, he was quite surprised.

"How do you know about this?" he finally asked.

"My mom once told me that the hospital has enough blood of all types, but they keep it here so they don't have to give it to everyone. They only transport it to the hospital for exceptional people. And if everyone already knows that you're Evo, including the commissioner, they don't want your the adoptive mother lived. Then they will have a better chance to do whatever they want with you." I explained.

Tommy gave me a grateful smile.

"Come on, we have to find it what we're looking for." I said and walked into the huge shelves.

There were bags of blood everywhere on the shelves. There were all the types that existed.

On the last shelf, was type 0.

"Tommy I got it." I said quietly. I took one of the bags and left the alley.

Tommy looked at the bag in my hand. Then he looked into my eyes.

The room was quite dark, but I still knew he was looking at me.

He was taller than he appeared to be. He slowly leaned towards me.

I knew what he wanted to do and I didn't resist it

I knew what he wanted to do and I didn't resist it. Maybe it was a little bizarre, kissing in a room full of blood, but I didn't mind at the time.

He was very close to my lips when voices came from outside behind the door.

We were both immediately startled and looked back at the locked door. A key rattled in the lock. We looked at each other.

"What will we do?" I asked scared. Tommy smiled.

"Close your eyes." he said and teleported us back to town.