Another murder

Third person perspective:

Tommy came to the hospital early in the morning. He reported to the reception desk, sat down in the corridor and waited for the doctor to come to him.

After five minutes, a tall man in a white suit came to him.

"Good morning." Tommy greeted him and shook his hand.

"Good morning. Your mother woke up an hour ago and is still asking for you. Shall we go?" he asked, beckoning Tommy to follow him.

His mother was sitting on the hospital bed. She had intravenous vitamins. She had enough cuts and bruises.

"Tommy!" she said with relief as she saw her son walk in.

"He was waiting for you Mrs. Clark. I'll be back in a moment." said the doctor, turning and leaving the room.

Tommy approached the bed.

"They told me about the blood, thanks." she said, but Tommy wasn't too thrilled, even though inside he was really glad she was alive.

"What's happening?" his mother asked him worriedly.

"They told me that, they told me everything." he said sternly. She lowered her head.

"So it's true." Tommy said angrily and disappointed. Somewhere inside, he still hoped a little that it might just be a lie. But it wasn't.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked her.

"I thought everything would be fine. It would have been if there hadn't been another attack."

"So you really planned to run away again?"

"Yes, we would move, find a new place to live and then..." Tommy cut her off.

"Then what?" he said annoyed.

"Then we could live life again as before

"Then we could live life again as before." she replied but Tommy chuckled at that.

"Like before? Nothing will be like before. I finally have friends and Mia here."

But when his mother heard her name, she sighed.

"Well, that's why."

"What?"

"I wanted to leave because of her too. I heard that.."

"What?" Tommy interrupted her again as she took her time explaining. He didn't like the endless lying.

"That the killer who killed her father escaped and you didn't want to stop talking to her."

Tommy raised an eyebrow in disbelief and then frowned.

"And that's what you're so scared of?"

She just nodded.

"I was scared of something would happen to you and Emily would be better for you." she said seriously.

"Please stop! If you're wondering, it's thanks to Mia that you're alive now. They didn't want to give you blood, but she got it for you." he said angrily.

"What?" she asked in surprise.

"Yeah, she saved your life." he replied irritably.

"I didn't know that. I'm sorry." his mother said guiltily.

Mia's POV:

I went to school as usual. But Dax caught me right before school.

"Mia wait!" he shouted at me to notice him.

"Dax? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked him. He scared me.

"Yes , but I wanted to make sure you were okay. I heard that Tommy had a car accident." he said and I nodded.

"Yeah, but he's fine thankfully." I replied and Dax smiled.

"That is good."

When I finished school, I returned home.

I was tired, so I lay down for a while and fell asleep.

I only woke up when it was dark. It could have been around half past five in the evening.

I took my phone out of my backpack and turned on the display.

Six text messages and fifteen missed calls.

I clicked on the call log, they were all from Dax. Text messages too.

I called his number. Surprisingly, he immediately picked it up.

"Mia? Are you ok? Why aren't you taking my calls?" he blurted out at me out of nowhere, I didn't understand.

"I came home and accidentally fell asleep. What happened? I still had my phone in my backpack and I didn't hear it. I'm home." I answered him and I heard him sigh.

"I'm glad. I heard that something happened two streets from you about an hour ago."

"What?"

"Murder." he replied and I froze.

"Mia? Mia, can you hear me?"

"Yeah." I answered dumbfounded.

"Okay, listen to me. Stay at home and don't go anywhere today, okay? Don't open to anyone and lock yourself up." he told me sternly and I nodded as if he saw me.

"Did you understand?" he asked when I didn't answer.

"Yes." I answered.

"Great, please be careful. Go straight to school tomorrow morning and don't stay too long anywhere, please."

"Okay, I get it. Thanks Dax." I said. We said good night each other and hung up.