Disappointment

School was boring as usual. Tuition ended very early, so I went home. Everyone else gathered to prepare for the evening ball.

I hadn't seen Tommy all day, but I wasn't surprised. Because he had different subjects than me.

I cleaned the house, ate lunch and prepared everything so that mom would have as little work as possible when she comes home.

Around two o'clock in the afternoon, I started getting ready and slowly made my way to Tommy's house.

Today it was quite dark all day. The sky was dark as if even nature suspected that it was really Halloween and time for everything to be scary.

I arrived at Tommy's right on time. I knocked on the door.

Mrs. Clark opened the door for me, but when she saw me she put on a rather forced smile.

"Hello Mrs. Clark, is Tommy home?" I asked.

"Hello, should he be?"

"Well, we agreed that I could come to you today. We wanted to study together." I explained.

"Then it must be some kind of mistake. Tommy, after all.. left a while ago." she answered me. I stopped. I didn't understand it.

"Ah.. good. And you don't know when he'll be back?" I wanted to at least wait for him.

"I don't know. He went to meet Emily at the cafe, sorry." she said slamming the door in my face.

Emily, of course. What was you thinking, Harrisn?

I sighed, turned on my heel and walked away.

But I didn't want to go home yet, so I just went for a walk around the neighborhood.

Tommy's POV:

I go down the stairs. It was exactly three in the afternoon and I heard a knock on the front door.

But mom was already standing at the door, chatting with Mia.

I heard Mia explain to her that we had an arrangement.

What is going on here?

I remained standing on the stairs so that they could not see me but that I could hear them.

"Then it must be some kind of mistake. Tommy, after all.. left a while ago." mom said.

"Ah.. good. And you don't know when he'll be back?" Mia asked, disappointment in her voice.

I was about to go downstairs, but mom already answered it.

"I don't know. He went to meet Emily at the cafe, sorry." she said slamming the door.

"I am what!?" I shouted as soon as I ran down the last step.

"So what? If you don't see her for a day, will only benefiting you."

"Why did you even say such a thing to her? We had an agreement." I shouted at her.

"Well, you were agreed. You didn't ask me. Because if you asked me, I wouldn't have agreed to it!"