He's innocent!

We were behind the hospital again. Tommy immediately turned and headed back inside.

"Wait Tommy." I stopped him. He turned to me and I put the bag of blood in his hand.

"You have to give it to them. If I went there, they'd know I stole it from them." I said and Tommy nodded.

"Then I'll wait for you in the hallway." I said and smiled.

I waited a few minutes after Tommy left and then I headed to the hospital too. I went to put the keys back in purse to my mom.

When I was leaving the room, I bumped right into her.

"Mia? What are you doing here again?" she asked suspiciously.

"I was at home, I took my keys and came to return yours. But I couldn't find you anywhere, so I put them back in your purse." I answered.

"Okay, thanks. You're nice." she said with a smile. I took a breather. I lied to her so much for the first time.

I sat down on a chair. Mom went to a doctor's office to see a patient.

Tommy came back after about two minutes. I immediately stood up and followed to him.

"So how does it look?" I asked him impatiently.

"Okay, they're going to give the blood. We just have to wait now."

"Mia!" a female voice shouted. I immediately turned around.

Mom.

"Why are you talking to him?" she asked angrily. I played dumb.

"He's my friend.

"A friend? What did I tell you?! You're not going to be friends with someone who's an Evo." she shouted so that the whole corridor was looking at us.

"And what, that he's Evo?" I asked angrily.

"So you knew? You knew and didn't tell anyone?" she shouted in surprise and anger at the same time.

"And even if I did, so what?" I retorted.

"I forbid you to hang out with someone who is a murderer and a rapist!"

"But he's innocent!" I yelled at her and I shouldn't have done that.

She slapped me. In front of everyone, in front of the whole hospital. For the first time in my life.

"Sorry.." she started to apologize but I recoiled.

"I'll go home." I said looking at Tommy. He stood there and was quite surprised. He didn't expect it as much as anyone.

"Then come after to me." I mumbled so my mom wouldn't hear me and he nodded. I winked at him and went home.

Tommy showed up in my room sometime around four o'clock in the afternoon.

I immediately hugged him. We sat across from each other and he started talking.

"The blood helped. She should wake up tomorrow." he said excitedly.

"That is great!" I said excitedly jumping out of bed.

Tommy just watched me with a smile.

"What?" I asked when I saw him looking at me

I sat back across from him.

"What's up?" I said laughing as he kept looking at me like that.

"Thank you." he said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For today. Thanks for helping me and saving her life." he explained and I blushed.

"It was nothing. I said I'd help you." I replied, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. On the side where mom slapped me.

Tommy's gaze suddenly became very serious.

"What's going on?" I asked scared.

"Does it hurt much?" he asked.

"What?"

"The slap." I grabbed my face. It was still a little hot but I had almost forgotten about it.

But Tommy was looking at me with a troubled expression on his face. It obviously worried him more than me.

 It obviously worried him more than me

"No, don't worry. I almost forgot about it. It's just a little hot now." I replied, taking my hand away from my face.

"Show me." he said, standing up and placing his hand on the hot side of my cheek.

His palm was so soft and his touch so gentle.

He looked into my eyes.

"Doesn't it hurt?" he said and I shook my head.

He kept looking into my eyes. Then he looked at my lips and finally kissed me.

But now no one disturbed us.

I closed my eyes and savored those few seconds. It was my first kiss in my life.

When he pulled away, I slowly opened my eyes.

He smiled and I smiled too.

When it was evening, Tommy went back home.