Misunderstanding

Third person perspective:

It was Monday afternoon and Mia and Dax were sitting at the kitchen dining table talking. Her mother hasn't come home yet. She had to be at work all day so Dax was home with her.

Tommy, who decided to come to see Mia at her home, rang the doorbell.

"Who is this?" Mia asked when she heard the doorbell.

"I don't know." Dax answered and the girl got up to open it but the boy stopped her.

"Wait, I'll go. You sit and rest. I'll take care of it." he said and walked to the front door.

Tommy expected Mia to open it, but when he saw Dax, his emotions stirred again.

"Hi, is Mia home?" he tried to say as calmly as possible.

"Hey, she is." Dax said holding out a hand to Tommy. "By the way, my name is Dax." he said shaking Tommy's hand.

"I'm Tommy." he said and Dax suddenly took on a completely different expression and tone.

"Tommy? Tommy Clark?" he asked, watched Tommy with his eyes.

"Yeah." Tommy replied.

"So your mom knocked Mia over?" Dax asked again. Tommy nodded and Dax closed the front door so Mia couldn't hear them.

"Look, don't play it on me. I know you're Evo." Dax whispered, piercing Tommy with a glare.

"What?" Tommy said in surprise.

"I saw you, a year and a half ago. Tommy Clark who made the student disappear. Wasn't there more?"

"Look, that was a long time ago. Everything is different now. Mia helped me a lot and..." he didn't finish the sentence because Dax interrupted him.

"Leave Mia alone. She's been through enough. She's too nice to tell you herself. Leave her alone." Dax said forcefully, slamming the door in Tommy's face.

"Dax, who have you been talking to for so long?" Mia asked, coming into the hallway when Dax didn't return for a long time.

"But with no one, it was just some Tommy." Dax said and Mia's eyes went wide.

"Tommy? And you sent him away? What did you tell him?" Mia got upset but didn't wait for an answer. She opened the front door and ran out of the house.

Mia's POV:

I ran out onto the sidewalk in front of the house. I turned right. Fortunately, he wasn't that far away and I quickly caught up with him. But he walked pretty fast and I didn't have such fast feet.

"Tommy!" I called on him but he pretended not to hear.

"Come on Tommy, wait!" I called again and he finally turned around and started to slow down.

You could see that he was quite angry, but I still didn't expect him to tell me exactly what he said

"What's up? I'm supposed to leave you alone. I was just waiting to hear it from you at least and not from your friend..."

"Dax.." I said for him.

"Yeah." he said.

"Sorry Tommy, it's not what you think. He just wants to protect me."

"But why didn't you tell me that you would be released from the hospital?" he said grumpily.

"Sorry, I didn't have my phone with me. And besides, mom told me that you only came to see me once and then you didn't come again. I didn't want to bother you when I saw that you weren't interested." I said sadly and he looked at me with a strange expression. With an expression of disappointment, surprise and anger.

 With an expression of disappointment, surprise and anger

"I know your mom knocked me over. I remember seeing you sitting next to her." I said after a moment of silence.

He didn't say anything. He just stood there looking at me.

"But I want you to know that nothing changes. You are still my friend and I want to help you."

"Seriously?" he finally said and I nodded.

"I know you didn't do it. I know you didn't do anything wrong to anyone." I said honestly.

"I should be back at school next week." I said as I walked back home with Tommy accompanying me.

"That's great, it's boring there without you." Tommy said sadly and I smiled. It was nice.

"Are those idiots bothering you too much?" I asked and Tommy shook his head.

"Not so much."

"Don't worry, when I come back I'll kick the ass of anyone who gives you a bad look."

We both laughed together at that.