The confession

Someone was obviously upset that Dax had managed to murder one of their accomplices.

We both turned and ran as far as we could to get as far away from the headless body as possible.

We were running through a narrow corridor full of doors when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

"Dax!" I shouted desperately but I already was in a room.

The guy who pulled me in there immediately closed the door and locked me out.

"Mia!" Dax shouted from behind the locked door, banged on it a few times.

The strange guy turned slowly towards me. He had an ugly scarred face and a crazy smile playing on his lips.

"Your little friend isn't going to save you now. It's just you and me here now and we're going to play." he said with madness in his eyes. Then he pulled out two large, sharp knives from behind his back and threw them at me one by one.

At the last moment, I managed to hide behind the sofa, which was standing sideways. One of the knives went right into it.

My heart was pounding and I was trying to think what to do.

There was a door on the other side of the room. But I couldn't just leave, that was impossible.

"Climb up little girl, we're going to play. I've been waiting for you for so long, I'm was bored." he said and then gave a fanatical chuckle.

Then there was silence. A silence that cut to the bone. I closed my eyes.

The sofa behind which I was hiding shook violently and the sound of a chainsaw cut through the silence. I turned to my right and saw a saw blade sticking out of the sofa right next to me.

I jumped to my feet and ran across the room.

The guy gutted the sofa with that chainsaw. I looked at him horrified and then he turned to me with a crazy smile on his face.

"This was just a preview of what I'm going to do to you in a little while." he said, laughing madly and running in my direction.

I screamed and hid under the table, but he immediately cut it in half like nothing.

"Dax!" I screamed in fear. I really hoped I would survive this.

"Yes, just call his name so I'll have more fun." he said and I ran out from under half of the table which fell on my head.

We were again on the other side of the room where the sofa was. I had nowhere to hide.

So will I die like this? Cuted up with a chainsaw?

He stood forward me and gripped the chainsaw firmly in his hand.

"So we let's finish this game." he said with a mad laugh. I closed my eyes. I gave up. I didn't know how to continue.

All I could hear was maddened laughter, which suddenly turned into a painful roar.

Roar?

I opened my eyes and saw the tip of a sharp machete sticking out of the man's chest. It drove out, the guy took one last look at me and fell dead on the ground.

My heart pounded in my throat. But when I saw who was behind him, I was relieved.

Dax stood behind the dead man, his machete covered in blood and a smile on his lips.