Car accident

The day came when I had to return to school after my recovery. It rained all night and did not let up during the day.

"Hey Harrisn!" some idiot yelled at me as Tommy and I walked down the hall from class.

"You're talking to someone who's an Evo right?" he said but I ignored him.

"You don't have to be with me, I can handle it. Tommy said.

"Don't worry, I want to." I replied and smiled.

"Hey Harrisn! I'm talking to you!" he yelled and grabbed my shoulder. He was a pretty tall guy, but probably just as dumb.

"No scumbag like Clark here is going to ignore me when I talk to him." he thundered again.

"Fine, will this be enough for you?" I said punching him in the face. He grabbed himself face and slid to the floor with a whimper. Blood ran down his palms and fingers.

I turned to Tommy.

"Run!" I shouted and we both ran out of the school.

We both laughed as we ran out. We didn't care that it was raining and that our clothes will be soaked.

"That was cool." Tommy said.

"Thanks." I answered.

"Thomas Clark!" said a female voice behind us.

We turned around and Tommy's mom was standing by the car on the sidewalk.

"What are you doing here?" Tommy asked in surprise.

"It doesn't matter, get in the car. Now!" she commanded. Tommy got into the car without another word. It was weird.

"And you," she said, pointing a finger at me. "stay away from him." she said threateningly, getting into her car, slamming the door and driving away.

So I had no choice but to go home. It was an interesting and strange return to school.

Tommy's POV:

"You didn't have to do this. I said angrily as we drive away the school.

"But I had to, believe me, I'm only doing it for your own good." she answered me. I sighed.

The rain got stronger during the day, now it was literally a downpour.

"Slow down mom, it's sliding." I said as the car jerked slightly to the side as I braked.

"Stupid walkers! Can't they just walk on the sidewalk?" she spoke to herself.

"Can't you calm down?" I said annoyed. I did not enjoy it.

"No I can't." she answered me.

We crossed the turn to our house.

"Mom!" I shouted. "Where are we going?"

"Gone. We have to go away. We can't go home." she told me, shaking all over.

"Mom are you okay?" I asked. I was getting quite scared.

She didn't answer me.

We were headed for the traffic lights. A car driving from the right stopped at a traffic light.

But when we stopped at a red light, the traffic lights went out.

"Damn it, ride already!" she scolded.

"What's going on here?" I asked but it was like I didn't say anything. She ignored me.

"Ride hell!" she shouted, all shaking.

When the stranger's car was still standing, mom started our car.

She stepped on the gas to cross the intersection as quickly as possible.

But at the same time, the car from the right also started.

Third person perspective:

The car hit a car that was driving at full speed.

The car flipped a few times in the air. The windshield shattered.

The car ended up on the roof. The boy managed to open the car door and climb out.

He wasn't in a bad way. He only had a large gash on his head and a few scrapes.

But his mother was much worse off.

The woman behind the wheel was now unconscious. A stream of red blood was flowing from her head and her head was resting on the steering wheel.

There were shards everywhere.

"Mom!" the boy shouted in horror when he saw the state his mother was in.