He is not the only one!

The next day was a classic morning when I went to school.

I took my backpack and headed out.

But Tommy and Dax were waiting for me on the sidewalk in front of the house.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked suspiciously. It was no secret that the two did not like each other very much.

"We want to walk you to school." Tommy said.

"We don't want anything to happen to you and we want to keep an eye on you." Dax said.

"So thanks." I said still suspicious. They both acted like they were longtime friends.

The trip was quite pleasant, but there was a certain tension between them two.

All three of us stopped in front of the school. Tommy didn't go to school, he tried to hide as much as possible.

We just stood there and talked for a while. But suddenly it seemed to me that I saw something across the street. Some shadow. I stiffened and stared at the spot.

Tommy was the first to notice.

"What's happening?" he asked. I was quite scared. The bloody letter was still there.

"Well, I just... I saw something around the corner." I stammered.

Dax immediately looked back at the spot, but of course there was nothing there. He turned and grabbed my arm with a troubled expression.

"Well, you'd better go inside. Be careful when you will go to home." he said and I smiled.

"Thanks."

"Enjoy yourself in the madhouse today." Tommy said jokingly.

"Thanks Tommy." I said, turning around and walking into the school building for first class.

Third person perspective:

Both boys watched as the girl entered the school.

Dax sighed heavily.

"Poor girl, she's had a lot lately." he said regretfully.

"Yeah." Tommy replied. Neither of them looked like they were friends anymore.

Dax turned to face Tommy.

"Look, you know I'll never like you."

"It's mutual." Tommy answered him.

"Yeah, but I want to reconcile, mainly for Mia's sake. I can see that she cares a lot about you and often talks about you as a good friend. So," Dax said pulling a large chocolate stamen out of his pocket. "take it as burying the hatchet." he finished, handing Tommy stamen as proof of the truce between them.

It didn't seem like much to Tommy, but it was true that he didn't want to argue with Dax. He knew Mia would be happy for that. He looked thoughtfully at stamen Dax was holding and finally took it from him.

"Thanks."