Visit

Tommy's POV:

Mia was stabilized at the hospital. The car was fine, but Mia wasn't.

It pissed me off, it really pissed me off. She didn't deserve it.

I was in my room, it was night and my mom came to me.

"Are you packed yet?" she asked.

I turned to her incomprehendingly.

"What?"

"Well, if you're packed? We're moving." she said.

"How do you mean?" I asked. She couldn't be serious about this.

"As I say. We have to go. There was another attack and you know what happens when people find out that someone from Evos hit by car a person who is now in the hospital? We have to disappear."

"Are you serious? She's not just any person but my friend. And I didn't hit her but you do. Are you just going to run away now like you always do?" I yelled at her.

 Are you just going to run away now like you always do?" I yelled at her

I did not want to run away. Not anymore. Now there was something about it that wouldn't let me run away. Mia.

The next day I went to the hospital instead of school in the morning. I knew that one day, nothing would happen, but I was still expected to be fired sooner or later. As soon as the principal at school finds out that I'm Evo.

I arrived at the hospital at nine o'clock. The corridors were quite empty.

They told me at the reception that they wouldn't let me in because I wasn't a family member. It is said that things did not look very good with her, she was still in a coma.

I sat down on one of the chairs and wanted to wait at least for her mom. It was clear to me that she didn't like to will see me, but I needed to know how Mia was really doing.

So I sat down and waited.

I waited about ten minutes, but it was the worst ten minutes I have ever experienced in my life.

Finally, her mom came out of a doctor's office. I immediately got up and headed towards her.

"Mrs. Harrisn." I called on her. When she saw me she lowered her eyes to the floor.

"Mrs. Harrisn, please wait." she finally stopped.

"What's up Clark?" she told me sternly. Her anger was justified.

"I wanted to ask how Mia is doing." she just giggled at that.

"Are you serious? Your mother hit her over by car and you still come to ask how she is?"

"Please, you know I would never hurt Mia. I yelled at her to stop but it was too late. I'm sorry." I apologized and she looked at me.

"Okay, she's doing a lot better than last night. But she's still sleeping. Hopefully she'll be able to go back home in a few days." she explained to me.

"Can I at least see her?" I asked but she immediately shook her head.

"That's out of the question. You better go back to school." she said, turning to indicate that the conversation was over for her.

I went back to get my backpack that was lying on the ground. I took it in the morning so that my mother wouldn't know that I didn't go to school. Although there was a high probability that she would find out one day anyway.

As I was leaving the hospital, a boy ran past me.

"Mrs. Harrisn!" he called and I turned to him.

"Dax." Mia's mother called out.

Dax.

"How's Mia doing? Can I see her?" he asked.

"Of course, she's over there." she answered him. They said something else to each other but I didn't hear it. I was full of my mind that she let him go after her. But I understood. He was her best friend, while I was just the son of someone who hit her up by car.

Suddenly they both looked at me. My gaze met Dax's.

It was not a pleasant sight. It was a look full of regret, fear and anger.

I preferred to turn around and quietly walk away from the hospital.

In the evening, when I was putting on a clean T-shirt, my mother burst into my room.

"So you don't even go to school anymore?" she said rather angrily.

"I do." I answered.

"Don't lie to me. Your teacher called me that you didn't come to school today. So where have you been all day?"

"It doesn't matter, does it? I'll be kicked out in no time anyway." I said disinterestedly. School was the last thing on my mind right now.

"You were with that girl, weren't you?" she asked.

"And even if I was, so what?" I answered.

"Sure, how else." I turned to her.

"Yes, I've been to see Mia, well what? She's in the hospital unconscious and all you care about is some stupid school."

Mom straightened up, raised her head to emphasize that she is the main one here and said.

"Be at school tomorrow. And I don't want to hear any excuses." she turned and slammed the door.

I sat down on the bed with a sigh.

School. It was already stupid enough and without Mia it would be even worse.