5

Ari

I've decided that in my alcoholic state of mind, that I'm gonna buy a home in Miami Beach. Ok, I probably won't get any time whatsoever considering I'm based in the UK, but it means I can escape when I want to, to a place I have a connection with.

All night, I can't take my eyes off Sutton Fucking Giles. She's currently dancing with a few of the Vipera team in their booth that's opposite ours, and I just can't help myself.

She'd look good in a Miami beach house...

"You look like you're about to leap over the table and fuck Sutton Giles against a wall". Sammy notes and pushes another shot to me. "Down boy".

Ransom sits back and swigs his beer. "She turn down your dinner invite?"

"Yeah, but when I spoke to her earlier, looks like I could be in with a chance. She's just gonna make me fucking work for it though".

Ransom snorts. "For once there's a girl that's not dropping her panties for you the moment you meet. I can't wait to see just how she makes you suffer".

I glare into my drink. "I've got my ways R-Dry, trust me - I'll win her over sooner than everyone may think".

Sammy tuts. "Wins the race and now wants a girl to round it off. Don't forget that you're under contract. Any bad press and you're fucked. You date the girl who's technically from the enemy team then Henrik isn't gonna like it. You've gotta keep your head in the race".

"I am!"

"Usually it's in his ass if anything". Ransom puts in.

"Says the one who doesn't know how to use his damn breaks when needed - you almost took me out today". I remind him. We'd rounded a corner and he'd breaked a little late, almost smashing into the side of me.

He snorts at this. "I didn't even come close to you old man".

"Old man? Oh so that's how we're doing this now?" I grin.

I enjoy having Ransom as a team mate. When we have to do interviews and promotional shoots and stuff together, we're usually locked in a banter battle or just trying to piss one another off. He got me back for the post it note prank, which the Instagram followers thought was hilarious. He decided to let all my tyres down instead.

Touche Drysdale.

"So, I'm thinking about buying a beach house..." I announce, eyes still on Sutton who I'm sure is shaking her ass to the music on purpose. I can feel my dick standing to attention and have to quickly push it down before someone notices.

Sammy almost chokes on his drink. "What? Is this another drunken decision that you're gonna regret again? Coz if so, then it's a damn expensive one".

I pull out my phone and show them 2288 Sunset Drive, the home I've been eyeing for a couple of a weeks. I've rearranged my flight so I can go and view it tomorrow. It seems like the right home for me, open and with natural light, gorgeous views and is waterside. If I can drive a race car then I can learn to drive a boat. It's also private, gated. No press. I'm in love with the idea of mornings out of race season where I can just relax by the pool.

"I know what I'm doing". I say, and then get up, side stepping around the booth seating so I can get out and go to the bar for another beer.

"He doesn't know what he's doing". I hear Ransom counter jokingly as I make for the bar. brushing past Sutton on the way.

She turns and her brow raises. "We just keep bumping into one another, don't we Levinson?"

"Don't we just?" I reply with amusement and note both Daniel and Curtis watching not so discreetly. "Those two your guard dogs for the night?"

"Woof-woof!" Daniel barks and laughs just as Curtis does. It's all in good humour, I actually get along well with the pair off the track. We all play tennis together just as an extra to keep our performance coaches happy.

Sutton is trying not to laugh at this as she looks from them to me. "I mean, they're pretty shit guard dogs if so. They've been adamant on getting me drunk".

"You fucking love it Giles, Levinson - can you buy her a few drinks before she puts us all into debt?" Daniel asks and I nod, looking to Sutton.

"Want another drink?"

She pretends to think. "Drinking with the enemy...I shouldn't really".

"Well your daddy's not here to tell you no - come drink with the enemy Sutton, you know you can't resist this face?" I pout, trying to make puppy dog eyes at her.

She sighs at this. "Fine, one drink Levinson and that's your lot".

I chuckle and steer her to the bar. "That's what they all say - now what do you want?"

"A cocktail obviously". She scans the menu.

"I mean, I can offer the cock part".

Her hands slam the menu down. "I'm not fucking you after we've first met. Your fan girls might? But I'm not that easy".

"I wasn't implying that you were, although you've said you won't fuck me after we've first met, so how about the next meeting?"

Her hand runs down one of my bearded cheeks, "who says there's gonna be a next meeting?" She coos and orders her drink, telling the barman that I'm paying.

And boy am I.

"You're gonna keep me waiting for that dinner date aren't you?" I state the obvious, because it's clear that I'm going to be chasing this girl for a while before she gives in.

If, she gives in.

She takes her drink and sips it, beautiful eyes still on mine. "You have no idea..."

The minute I get back to my hotel, I'm gonna be needing a cold shower to help pound out the frustration that's building within me. It seems Sutton Giles has just declared war.