15

Sutton

Off season - and I feel like I can finally breathe. Just...

Since we arrived home from the last race, I've been in bed with the enemy. The enemy who I can now say is my boyfriend. The weeks that have passed since Canada have been spent with us sneaking around and seeing one another when we can- but now finally we can have some freedom away from track before the next season kicks in.

Work for my dad never really stops though, so he's mostly at HQ trying to prep everything for next season and keep everything running. The cars have certain requirements from the FIA that need to be met - certain parts to use and whatnot. So not only do we need to make another good and fast car, we need it to be in line with regulations. Of course this makes my dad more stressed than anything, so I barely see him.

My contracts are all signed though, I've done my part when it comes to business. Just a few meetings before the next season starts up and we're good to go. But until then? I get to enjoy being railed by a hot champion.

My champion.

Currently we're at his home, but soon we plan to head to Miami (separately) as his new home is ready. I'm looking forward to it, even if we do have to be discreet. No one really knows me there as well as they do in the UK so things should be easier.

I say that, but there will always be a photographer trying to ruin your day.

Currently we're cooking breakfast together (he makes the best pancakes) and dancing around the kitchen to the radio. To say I'm falling is an understatement- I didn't think I would be someone like him, let alone him - but it is.

"Is it bad to say you look even more delicious than the French toast?" He asks, slipping his arms around my waist from behind and kissing along my shoulder. "I know we take breakfast in bed literally but I don't care if it burns today".

I wet my lips. "You've had breakfast in bed enough this week Levinson - today we're having a nice one together that we made".

"We always have a nice one together, and we make it ourselves. I make you come and you make me go insane". He points out.

"Ari!"

"What? It's the truth though".

I turn and kiss him on the lips. "Down boy. We've got all off season for this".

He seems satisfied by this answer and goes back to cutting up some fruit. Even during the break he needs to keep up with fitness. I have no idea how we're gonna hide from Sammy.

"How's the car coming along?" He asks as we sit together later and eat.

"Judging by the way dad has been? Possibly ok but possibly border-lining explosion".

He grimaces. "Yikes - it's not the calmest of times, but then again you know that".

I cut into my pancake. "I'm sure we'll have it sorted, he usually stresses about everything and then it turns out ok".

"He's got his own legacy to live up to and another he's creating. It's justified". He says.

"Would you wanna do it one day? If you have up racing?" I ask.

He pauses for a moment, chewing slowly in thought. "I don't know. You've seen Gunther". His lips turn up into a smirk. "I guess I like the racing side better. I wanna drive for as long as I can".

"Would you ever get tired of it though? The wins? The drivers championships, the same tracks?"

He flashes me a smile. "Never. I love it too much to just stop now. Your dad retired because he wanted to create Vipera. Whereas me? I'd wanna do so once I felt satisfied enough and had reason to".

What about me? Would I be a good enough reason for you to stop if we ever made it that far? We can't keep 'us' a secret forever.

I just shrug it off and change the subject. "Understandable. It's all you've ever known, are you going to see your mum while you have time off?"

He nods. "Yeah, I never get much time to anymore so off season I try and spend as much time with her as possible - she'd like you".

"You think?" I ask doubtfully

"Why don't we find out?" He suggests. "Meet my mom before we escape to Miami".

I frown. "I thought it would be too early for us? We've only been dating a couple of months now". And what a wild couple of months it's been.

He puts his knife and fork down. "If you're not comfortable then it's ok. She knows about us anyway - I tell her everything, plus it was hard not to talk about you".

"She won't tell anyone will she?" I ask cautiously.

"Nah, of course she won't. She's just as protective of me as my damn management". He looks up from his plate and to me. "But like I said, if you're not comfortable then it's cool. We'll do it at your pace".

We're already in the fast lane. I doubt this would make much of a difference.

I finish my food and smile contently at him, then making my snap decision like the whirlwind that this relationship has been since we first started seeing one another. "Ok, yeah, I'll meet her".

He looks surprised at this. "You wanna?"

"Yeah", I nod. "I mean what have we got to lose?". Hopefully not each other. "Anyway you said yourself she knows about us, and considering we've pretty much got to hide from everyone? It could be pretty refreshing not to have to keep secrets from one person at least".

Ari grins at this, knowing that I'm probs my right when it comes to that. But we don't really have much of a choice in the matter. The last thing any team needs are rumours or press that could potentially be bad. I know my dad respects Ari as a driver, but as a person he wants his daughter to date? I don't know...and I don't exactly want to find out or feel the repercussions of it either.