6

Sutton

I wake up the next morning with a tiny bit of a hangover. 

Ok, a mega one...

I am never drinking with Ricciardo and Everett again. Maybe I can count Ari in that too as he brought me a couple of cocktails last night. He was a little wasted, but not as much as some other drivers. I kept the perfect distance though, not wanting him to think that I'd simply cave in and agree to dinner. I couldn't help but flirt a little with his last night. I also know that I shouldn't. If dad found out that I was dating a driver from another team - especially Ari, then he'd flip. 

I mean, he doesn't have to know...not if you're discreet about it...

I need to get Ari Levinson and any idea of him out of my head. It's not gonna happen. 

Shuffling from the bed, I pour myself some water and drink, taking some pills for my aching head and then decide to scrub up. The flight leaves this afternoon and I need to get my ass moving. 

Packing up the last of my stuff I take the elevator down to the foyer and check out, then hearing someone from behind me. "Rough night?" 

For fuck sake. 

I turn and see Ari standing there, grinning. He's in a t'shirt that only now do I see makes his muscles look huge, and the aviators are concealing last nights celebration. "I could say the same for you?" I muse and then notice he doesn't have a case. "I thought you were leaving today?" 

He shakes his head. "I'm actually going to look at a place on Miami Beach". 

My mouth makes an 'o' shape. "You wanna move here?" 

"Well, a second home I can escape to". He explains. "I love it here", then he looks to me. "I mean...I could kind of use another opinion - that is, if you have time before your flight?" 

I look at my boarding pass. "What time you seeing it?" 

"In the next half hour". 

I bite my lip, it's gonna be a close call. "I need to be at the airport in the next couple of hours". 

He shrugs it off. "It's cool", then checks his watch. "I'd better head on over there actually" and then smiles at me. "Safe flight back, Sutt". 

What the fuck am I doing? Because one moment I'm watching him head for the doors and the next I'm calling him back! "Hey, Ari?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I mean...I could always change my flight, given that this is a very big decision you'll need to make, and you're gonna need someone with a brain to tell you whether it's a good investment or not". I jest and he pulls of his sunglasses. 

"You saying I don't have a brain, Giles?" 

"Drivers brain? Yes, a sensible decision making one? Probably not". 

He's still smiling but is intrigued. "And why not?" 

"Because you're chasing me, and believe me it's probably going to be the worst decision of your life". 

**

Ok, this is mad. I've never been one to be impulsive, but something about taking up Ari's offer made me. I've changed my flight to tomorrow, lied to dad and said I'm catching up with a friend I met at the party last night, and now I'm in a car next to the man who thrashed our drivers yesterday, on the way to some random home he wants to buy. 

He could be lying. He could be a secret murderer who will lure you to a fake home and then throw you into the ocean...

No. That's too stupid. 

Or is it?

Ari whistles along to the song on the radio as we drive, wind through our hair. It's another beautiful day - I have to admit. We turn down a street which is private, with gated homes of different styles and sizes. Ari comes to a stop outside one and then drives through the open gates. 

Ok, first impressions - it's a yes from me. I don't know him that well, however he just seems to look like he goes with the house. 

The agent comes out and greets us, showing us around - Ari nodding and asking a few questions while I head through the doors out into the back yard that has a pool and looks out onto the water. 

This is him. Everything about this home, inside and out is him. 

He comes to stand beside me, hands in pockets and nods to himself. "So...I need to consult  with my 'investment' advisor, what are your thoughts?" He asks, eyes on the water. 

"It's very you..." I state honestly. "You've got room, privacy, the escape you want. It's a great view too". 

"Certainly is..." I look across and see he's looking at me now. "At least, that's what my sensible decision part of my brain is telling me. A worthwhile investment..." 

Is he still talking about the house? 

"Well, I think you know in your heart what the best thing for you is". I nod. 

So does he. "Yeah...I think I do". His eyes don't leave mine for what feels like minutes, until the agent appears as asks what Ari thinks. He turns to him. "I think I just found everything that I'll need".