29

Ari
Miami Grand Prix

As I can probably now class Miami as my 'home race', I like the fact that I can just drive there with Sutton and then after be able to drive back home again to unwind. I made a damn good decision that's for sure.

We get out and I grab my rucksack, Sutton also getting hers with her camera stuff in, and together we walk to the paddock. Mom's already here and is gonna meet us at hospitality. "You look like the cat that's got the cream". Sutton now notes as she sees my face.

"I certainly got some of yours this morning". I lean down and give her a kiss. I made sure I woke her up between her legs this morning and then spent a good hour making her beg and scream. Afterwards I got up and pretty much threw open the doors on the balcony, naked for no one in particular to see other than her. "Morning world".

"Ari for goodness sake! Someone out on the water might see you, or even the neighbours!" She'd hissed.

"Let them". I'd smirked, not caring who saw my junk at that moment in time.

"You gonna quickly say hi to Mom before you go and do what you need to?" I now ask.

"I will do, it'll be nice to see her again. She gonna be watching from one of the suites?"

"Yeah, I got that all sorted for her". I say, putting my arm around her. "She's gonna stay over tonight and then head back home tomorrow".

"That's cool with me, I thought that she might". Sutton says and we now see my Mom waiting for us outside of Zephyr's hospitality area.

She comes up to us with her arms open and hugs us both. "You look like a kid at Christmas". She notes how upbeat I am.

"Always am for this race". I say and give her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm glad you were able to get here - also, you need to tell me what you want for your birthday next week? I'm gonna come see you anyway but let me know". I tell her and then ask the million dollar question. "Is Lloyd coming to see you?"

She opens her mouth, pauses and then closes it again, looking for the right words to say. "No, I text him yesterday and asked whether he wanted to come down, have a coffee or something and just catch up, but he told me he couldn't Very busy with work apparently..." She shrugs this off but I can tell she's down about it. It's rare that she sees him, but when she does it's usually her birthday - except this year he's decided to be a dick and choose work over her. That pisses me off.

"Are you kidding?"

"Don't be annoyed".

"No, I am! Look - why don't you grab a coffee while I go put my bag in my room. I've got a couple of things to do, but I'll catch you before the race".

Mom nods and gives me a reassuring pat on the shoulder, heading into hospitality before I turn to Sutton. "I can't believe that asshole".

"What you gonna do?"

"Call him and give him a peace of my mind, I don't even give a shit if he sends me to voicemail He's crossed a line".

Sutton rubs my shoulders and leans up to give me a kiss. "Just get it out your system, then focus on the race. I know you will. I probably won't see you before it begins so good luck, Love you champ".