19

Sutton

Ari was right to choose Miami, it's the escape that we needed, and the time that we wanted to spend together before we headed back to work. I've been part of the promotional photography for Vipera, and have pretty much not stopped with the social media side since. Ari has been doing interviews, photoshoots, driver and team meetings as well as testing the car before the season starts. He tells me it's good, but it could always be better.

My dad pretty much says the same thing. Curtis and Daniel have had some good lap times however we still need to tweak a couple of bits just to get it right - but we could be in with the chance this season. Zephyr have been top for so long, and we've been close behind, with a couple of wins under our belt. Sometimes it depends on the day and whether the car wants to perform properly or not. The engineers have been busting their asses though to make this our best ever.

Bahrain is always a vibe, filled with the excitement and anticipation of seeing just what cars we're up against.

The FIA have also had me snapping some pictures of the drivers from the opposing teams arriving at the track for testing. They'd seen a few of the pictures I'd taken last year and as a favour I agreed to photograph for them for Bahrain. That's all though, the rest will be Vipera only - although I am so tempted to snap Ari in his drivers gear and car. Zephyr have literally been thirst trapping F1 girls on their social media pages with slow motion videos of Ari and Ransom with romantic music to get people in the mood. Even I've been drawn in.

There have been a couple of face palm moments with the drivers though, Daniel is chaotic enough on his own, but when Ransom and Ari get together for interviews it amplifies. Ransom is certainly one to watch this year though, and something tells me that he may be seeing the stewards for various reasons.

Well, if testing is anything to go by.

"You're gonna DNF for sure". Daniel is now mocking Ransom as they're talking to some reporters. All with jest of course.

"Eat shit". Ransom fires back in good measure.

Ari is a few people down, talking to Sky News about this year and general stuff. He just happens to be standing next to Curtis and my dad and so I shuffle over to eavesdrop. "No one special coming to cheer you on this year then?" the reporter asks.

Ari just smirks from behind his sunglasses. "My team principal".

Smooth.

Part of me wishes he'd just said me, because on the inside I will be rooting for him. I feel like somewhat of a traitor, but what's to say that I can't support both teams? I can support Vipera openly, and Zephyr behind closed doors.

"Still no girlfriend then".

"And on that note I'm wrapping this up as we're meant to be talking about the racing - not my private life. That stays separate from the track anyway". Ari grins and moves on with Rachel, his assistant - and her recording device in tow. As he passes me, he gives me a risky wink and then leans in for a moment, making it look as though we're just saying hello. "See you after?"

"Yeah, sorry I can't see you before". I apologise quietly. As much as I'd love to be on my knees in his drivers room and sucking his cock before the race, I'm now too busy until after.  

He nods and then puts on an act, making out we're just friends like he is with all the other drivers. I see Rachel give me a suspicious look, but she says nothing and just carries on walking alongside him, most likely talking to him about what to say - not that he listens anyway. He pretty much says what he wants. He's well media trained by now, however there's always the risk of comments being blown out of proportion- hence why Rachel is there.

I don't look back at him and instead stick with dad until he's done answering some questions, then heading to the pit. I recognise Curtis's step sister standing there talking to him as he readies himself. We've met a fair few times before but Brontë Wilford and I couldn't be any different - somehow we actually get along well. Her father is a Billionaire so it says it all really.

"Hey stranger, you look gorgeous in your uniform". She grins, kissing me on both cheeks. She really could be a supermodel if she wanted to be, she's got the whole package for it.

"Gotta represent the team" I grin, "I hope you've been nice to your brother before his race?" 

"I like to rile him up a little by telling him he's gonna lose, that seems to do the trick". She studies her nails.

Curtis does look pissed off. "Yeah, she's a bitch". 

Bronte just grins and gives him a little wave. "I'm gonna head up to VIP, go and get a podium please?" 

"I'm trying Bron!" Curtis bites back as Daniel is laughing his head off. 

I head to my spot to get some good pictures before the race, looking down the pit lane and seeing Ari walking to get to his car - giving his fans a wave. Only now does the feeling really hit me like a lightening bolt. 

I'm head over heels in love with him, and yet we still haven't said it to each other. I know we will, and part of me wonders if he's just holding off from saying it until the time is right. I don't have time to ponder on it anymore, as the race starts and I watch in anticipation.

We end up with P3 and 5 which is good enough for us, seems Bronte's words of wisdom to her brother did us well. Ransom comes in for P1 while Ari is P2. Overall I think Zephyr knows that Vipera is going to be their main rival this year, and I don't know whether I like that or not.

I slip away unnoticed later on, and back to Ari's room at the hotel - at least now I can congratulate him in private.