Best friends brother (rewritten)

Author's note - so I decided to read through this book again and I cringed when I read this chapter so I re wrote it. It's still a gay Mattheo love story but it's way better now. Hope you like the new version. Enjoy.

For Mattheo Riddle life was dull and never changing. He found himself just going through the motions of his daily life. Being the youngest son of Voldemort made his life difficult. His older brother Tom had the same issue but wasn't bothered by it. Tom didn't care what people thought of him where as Mattheo did. It was the end of the summer break and Mattheo was on the platform with his best friend Sophia Nott who also happened to be his brothers girlfriend. Sophia's twin brother Theo was joining Hogwarts so she was excitedly looking up and down the platform for any sign of her brother. Theo had been working all summer so she hadn't seen him since Christmas. "Sophia calm down I'm sure he'll be -" Mattheo was cut off by her squeel of excitement "THEO!!" She took off running and flew into her brothers arms, Mattheo chuckled to himself as he followed behind her "why can't she move this fast when we're late for class" he said to himself quietly.
When he stopped in front of the hugging siblings he took notice of Theo's features, his brown wavy hair, his blue eyes and defined jaw line, his slim build. He found himself staring a little to long, he couldn't figure out why he was so captivated by his best friends brother. The longer he looked at Theo the stronger the feeling in his stomach got and it was a feeling he didn't understand. Sophia grabbing his arm and pulling him towards Theo took him from his thoughts. "Theo this is my best friend and Tom's brother Mattheo." Sophia still excitedly clung on to Mattheo's arm until Tom came up behind her and the two were lost in a kiss leaving Mattheo alone with Theo "well it's nice to finally meet you, it's also nice to not be the only sibling that has to put up with the PDA on a daily basis." Mattheo and Theo started to make there way on to the train and down the carriages looking for there siblings or Mattheo's friends." She's told me a lot about you in her letters and Tom talks very highly of you so its nice to finally put a face to the famous name." As the boys gave up searching and took a seat in an empty booth Mattheo looked at Theo confused "I didn't realise Tom cared that much." There conversation was interrupted with there loved up siblings joining them as well as Mattheo's friends Enzo and Blaise and the Riddle brothers cousin Draco.
After the introductions all around, the group sat chatting until they were joined by Sophia's enimies Astoria Greengrass and Pansy Parkinson. The two girls immediately started flirting with Theo which gave Mattheo an odd feeling that he recognised to be jealousy, he didn't understand why he was feeling that way though. "Wow sis you were right," Theo said as he looked the two girls up and down "not even plastic surgery could fix these two also your both barking up the wrong tree because I'm gay so hit the bricks cause I'm not interested."
Hearing that Theo was gay gave Mattheo a very odd feeling, it was one he almost recognised as relief but he couldn't be sure.

Theo ended up being sorted in to Slytherin and during the first month of the new school year Mattheo and Theo became inseparable, you never found one without the other. The issue was all the time the boys spent together was only making Mattheo's odd feelings worse. The two boys were sat in the library studying. Mattheo was drifting from the book in front of him, his eyes kept drifting up to the boy sat opposite him. He found himself day dreaming about Theo which was happening a lot lately and he had no idea why. "Hey Matt can you help me your better at potions than I am." Mattheo's stomach flipped hearing the nickname Theo had started calling him the day they met. Mattheo got up and walked round the table taking a seat next to Theo. The two boys sat only inches apart as they poured over the various books in front of them trying to find the required information. The two gave up after a while and went to search the shelves. After ten minutes Mattheo spotted the book Theo needed and as he reached up to grab it another hand also landed on the spine of the book at the same time his had. Mattheo looked at there over lapped hands then to the owner of the other one and realised it belonged to Theo. Both boys pulled there hand away and were both bright red. Mattheo felt another odd feeling now that his hand wasn't on Theo's anymore. It's almost like he missed it but he couldn't figure out why. "erm that is erm the book you need." Mattheo stuttered out as he quickly grabbed the book and handed it to Theo. "Th... Thanks Matt" Theo stuttered back as he took the book and returned to his seat.
The library encounter left Mattheo desperate for answers so he turned to Sophia for advice. Upon arriving in her room he was surprised to find her alone. "Tom's in the shower. What can I help with you seem stressed." Mattheo took a seat at her desk and fiddled with his sleeve as he tried to figure out what to say without mentioning Theo's name. "Well I need some advice. I erm well there's this person that well whenever I'm around this person I get strange feelings in my stomach and if I see other people talking to this person I get a different feeling and this afternoon in the library our hands accidentally touched and I got another strange feeling and I was fumbling my words and none of it makes sense. What is this person doing to me? What are these strange feelings?" Sophia let out a gasp as she realised what it all meant."How do I put this..." she paced the floor for a few seconds. "Well I myself have felt all those feelings before and Mattheo there is no easy way to say this but it means your in love with this person." Mattheo was expecting the answer to be some sort of spell that he had been put under. Never would he have thought love was the true answer but why Theo though as Mattheo was always convinced he's straight. The more he thought back over the last few years more things began to fall in to place. Like the one boy from Durmstrang that visited during the tournament in fourth year that Mattheo thought was cute. Or the boy he used to see working in Diagon Alley that he stared at a lot and also though was cute. Now Mattheo had no idea what he was and now he was dreading being around Theo. "Mattheo are you okay? Was that not what you were hoping for?" Sophia looked at him rather worried. "No I just wasn't expecting it to be this person that's all. Its left me questioning a lot of things." He was fiddling with his rings, twisting them around his fingers. "Soph I-" Mattheo cut himself off. Sophia pulled a chair up next to him and took a hold of his hands. "Soph I don't know who I am of what I am." She looked at him confused. "What do you mean? Who is this person?" He didn't look at her knowing he risked a tear or two if he did. "Sophia I'm in love with your brother. I don't know how it happened or why but it did and I have no idea what to do because I can't stand being around him and feeling like this and I'm scared to tell Tom that I like a boy incase he's disappointed in me or something." Mattheo jumped when he heard Tom speak up from behind him having just come out the bathroom. "Mattheo don't be so rediculous I don't care if you're gay or bi or whatever you are and considering Theo is gay it would be a bit hypocritical for me and Soph to judge you for liking a boy." Mattheo let out the breathe that he didn't know he had been holding. "What do I do though?" Mattheo asked. "Talk to him. Tell him how you feel, trust me no one knows my brother better than I do and you just need to tell him the truth."
Mattheo left feeling a little better but with his mind still buzzing with emotions he decided to sneak out for a walk to the Astronomy Tower. When he arrived he was alarmed to see Theo standing leaning against the railing chugging a bottle of fire whiskey with tears in his eyes. Mattheo rushed to his side and grabbed the bottle "hey I was drinking that give it back." thankfully the bottle was still mostly full so by the look of it Theo hadn't been up there for long. "Well I say your done. Now who upset you did someone hurt you?" Theo turned away from Mattheo and walked over to the other railing "I hear congratulations are in order." Mattheo followed quickly behind him "what are you talking about?" he asked as he stopped next to Theo. "You know what I'm talking about. Your relationship with Astoria. It's the talk of the school. I'm guessing that's where you've been all evening because neither of you were in the common room."
Mattheo had no idea what was going on. "I've been with Sophia and Tom all evening and I'm not in a relationship with that bitch you know I hate her." Theo scoffed at Mattheo and started walking away "don't talk bull Matt. You're with her." Theo's voice broke so he stopped. Mattheo reached around grabbed Theo's arm and pinned him to a near by wall. "I want you to listen very carefully. I AM NOT WITH THAT BITCH!" He shouted keeping direct eye contact with Theo. "How do I know your telling the truth."
Mattheo knew it was now or never. Without even thinking about his actions he pulled Theo right in to his arms and kissed him but pulled away before Theo could react. "That's why. I fucking love you that's how you know." Mattheo let go of Theo and walked off. Theo was stunned, it took him to long to realise Mattheo had left so by the time he caught up with him Mattheo was already in his dorm room. He opened his door to see a teary eyed Theo standing in front of him. Theo grabbed Mattheo and pulled him in for a kiss after he broke the kiss he was only able to say "I love you to Matt" before he was pulled in to the room and in to a deeper kiss by Mattheo.
After the two had shared there kiss Theo explained everything and said a bunch of the Slytherin girls were spreading the rumour. Mattheo explained about his chat with Sophia and Tom. Theo told Mattheo that it's okay to not know yet if he's gay or bi. All that mattered to both of them was that they are together now.
The following few days Mattheo kept getting people asking him about Astoria and by the end of the fourth day he had enough. He was sat in the common room between Enzo and Draco helping them with there potions homework when he finally exploded. He jumped out of his seat walked to the couch in front of him that Theo, Tom and Sophia were sat on. He pulled Theo up in to arms and kissed him in front of a packed common room of shocked Slytherins. After getting over his initial shock Theo quickly kissed back. "I'm not with that bitch becuase I already have a boyfriend now shut the hell up and keep my private life out your mouths."
Mattheo plonked himself down on a chair by the fire pulling Theo on to his lap. Sophia and the others joined them with some fire whiskey and had a little toast to celebrate them going public. Now Mattheo finally felt at peace with his life.