21. Is it my fault?

Rahul spoiled my mood

Rahul spoiled my mood. My whole day went with back to back lectures and reviewing the thesis which my professor gave me. As I am doing a part time job.

I am exhausted with all this work. I badly need caffeine to ease this stress.  I haven't met Neha again after having a small conversation with her in the morning. Even though she is busy with her work. Mostly her classes will be outdoors. Journalism is so tough.

Journalists don't care about themselves. They even risk their lives to convey the news. I am proud of Neha because she works hard outdoors without concern about how the weather might be.

My college is over and I am heading towards parking. My husband Arjun will definitely be waiting  to pick me up. Never these days he failed to skip that.

Hanging my bag with no energy I dragged myself towards him. I don't know why I get tired easily.

My face lit up just by seeing him. He will never be late. Everyday he will be waiting for me in the parking lot. He never made me wait for him, instead he does that.

Unknown solace filled me. All my weariness flew away by gazing at him. Why does he have to be this handsome all the time?

He is standing by leaning on his car side by supporting his left arm and scrolling through his phone. I don't know what is interesting about his phone. He was literally staring at it.

By gazing at him I understood he is also tired like me. His hair is falling on his forehead giving him a hot look. Sleeves of the shirt were rolled up to his forearms and the shirt was not tucked in pants like morning.

What interested me was his watch. He never misses wearing it. Ok Manvika, enough of you noticing him. I realized I was gawking at him.

Coming out of my delusions I walked towards him. As I was near he noticed me and straightened and gave a small smile.

“ How long have you been waiting for me?” I questioned him.

“ It doesn't matter. If it's you I can wait for a lifetime.” Uff how cheesy.

“Can you stop flirting? It's so cheesy.” By saying I made a face.

“I am not flirting. I am serious about it.” Saying he stepped near to me and tucked my hair strand behind my ear.

This act of his made my cheeks crimson. We are two steps apart. Now this is making me nervous.

“Arjun, we are in college. Someone might notice us.” I don't know why my voice is like a whisper. He didn't say anything.It's all because of him. It makes my heart beat fast with the proximity.

By that he stepped back and took my college bag from me.

“You are looking tired baby. Come let's go.” he brushed his thumb on my cheek. He is bold. He never cares about anyone.