33. Her staunch supporter

ARJUN'S POV :

I sat beside her bed holding her hand between mine gently so as not to hurt her. She is still under the effect of medicine.It is hell to see your loved ones in pain. I never felt I would feel feeble for a person who is not my family 2 months back.

But this girl became my whole world. I can destroy this world for her and also can please this world for her. Not for a moment did I feel this beautiful feeling with any girl until I met Manvika.

My tears were on the edge threatening to slip any moment. I have seen her adversity and suffering in pain, struggling for even taking a single breath. The fear in her eyes that I witnessed is making my heart heavy.

When I was lost in my thoughts,I felt the movement in her hand. She is gaining her consciousness, a lone tear slipped from my eyes. Her sudden passing out scared the life out of me.

My eyes were glued to her face as if I blink I may miss her. She slowly opened her eyes but closed again due to bright light. Her face has lost its charm. Adjusting to the light she raised her lashes.

Her eyes raked through the room and stopped her gaze on me. She tried to sit, noticing that I gently raised the bed up for her comfort. She tried to speak but her voice was low and hoarse.

“Ar…Arjun “

“Not a single word baby. Let's discuss it later.” I cut her in the middle because I don't want her to remember anything about her past. And coming to explain to me it would be the last thing I would ask her.

I badly wanted to hug her and kiss her but it may hurt her. She stayed silent all the while and I made her drink water. After that I called the nurse and removed all the drips and oxygen masks.

I completed the discharge procedure. She was struggling to adjust her dress as her hands were a little swollen due IVs Attached. I adjusted her dress and lifted her in a bridal style.

She was taken back with my sudden act. But my one stare she understood not to fight. I came out of the ward and everyone, patients , nurses, doctors were looking at us.

It's My least concern than my baby's comfort. She felt embarrassed, she hid her face in the crook of my neck. Slowly I made her sit in the car and I drove to Ahuja mansion.

All the while she was silent and didn't even glance at me. She has to realize it is not necessary what I think or what others may think.

Definitely I am waiting for us to clear many things. She has to learn to share her feelings, emotions, and pain with others. Only it can help her.

Within no time we reached Ahuja mansion. Guard opened the gate, noticing my car. Maa and papa both were waiting for us. I opened her car door.

“ I can walk. Raghvi maa and papa are there.” She said timidly and stepped out but I held shoulders for support.

Maa rushed towards us concerned, laced over her face. She hugged her gently.

“ Tujhe itni stress lene ki kya zaroorat hai. Kuch ho toh Arjun ko bata sakti ho.”

(What's the need to get stressed? If there is anything you can ask Arjun or just order him.)

Maa gently scolded her. Manvika snapped her head towards me with a questioning look. But I signaled her to act along.

“Raghvi maa I am fine. Look, I am healthy.” She assured maa. Papa was also standing beside me. Maa took her in and papa started with his interrogation.

“There is something more than what you are acting. What happened to Manvika? Is it again the same thing as last time?” Papa questioned me. After all he is a retired IIS officer.