27. Manvika rejects Rahul

I saved myself unlike last time

I saved myself unlike last time. My heart is thumping loudly like it would explode any moment. I am panting heavily with sudden commotion.That idiot Rahul scared the sh*t out of me.

What were his intentions? Why did he behave that way? Until now everything was fine between us. Or only I am feeling everything was fine?

With this incident I recalled everything from my sophomore year. He was doing unwanted favours,tried to communicatie even when it's not necessary, stopping my way, and now why from my group only I was in his team and especially his assistant.

Oh god now I understood everything he is hitting on me. But what happened just now was creepy, spooky. Should I complain to the higher authorities about his misbehaviour? But he will be leaving college anyway,so I won't come across him.

But Manvika, you should raise your voice for yourself. You can't stay silent. You have made this mistake before also. Don't be a coward. My inner voice is not calming. I want to fight but what will everyone think about me? Do they think it's my fault?

I went directly to the parking lot because if Neha saw me she would definitely find my odd behaviour. She will not leave until I spill the beans.Then she would not spare that moron.

I felt safe,secured by seeing Arjun. I don't know why I feel protected with him. Like he is the only infusion for my every problem. I want his comfort.

“You are looking worried. Is everything fine? You are sweating badly baby.” By wiping my sweat on forehead with his hankey he asked me. Do I need to tell him? No,no I can't.

By plastering a fake smile “everything is fine. Just over worked for tomorrow's college fest.” I lied to him.

He nodded and drove home. But my brain is clouded with thoughts of the auditorium incident.

“Looks like someone is in deep thought to notice that we have reached home.” When I looked around, Arjun was waiting for me by opening the car door.

“Huh what did you say?” I didn't hear him. I was so indulged in my thoughts. He shakes his head at my carelessness.

After that time passed like any other night. With dinner, little talks, sleeping comfortably.

I am feeling some unknown trepidation about going to college. What if Rahul does something? Ok this time I won't step back if he misbehaves with me. I promised myself and got ready for the college.

Arjun dropped me at college and drove to his office. Every corner of the college and its surroundings are decorated as it will be the last to enjoy and embellish.

On my way I met Neha. She is super energetic like everyday. She is even a volunteer but under a different team. So she was supposed to work with them.

“ Neha yaar Aaj tum mere saath hi rahoge. Kahi nahi jayenge” (Neha yaar today you will stay with me. You will not go anywhere.)
Generally she will be clinging to me but today it's different.