𝟤- 𝒜𝒸𝒸𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓃𝓉

On the next day, we were invited to dinner at another powerful family's place, the Zenins

On the next day, we were invited to dinner at another powerful family's place, the Zenins. I wore a simple knee-length dark blue dress, my hair straightened, and applied my own makeup.

My servants swallowed hard, "My lady... your father will be furious."

I closed my lipstick and turned to them sarcastically, "Oh, I'm trembling with fear!"

They exchanged worried glances. I put on my high-heeled shoes and glanced once more at the traditional clothing they had prepared for me - a women's kimono adorned with beautiful flowers and a special hairpin.

I made my way to the door and left the room. Don't get me wrong, I find traditional clothing beautiful, but not when I'm forced into it.

That really irks me.

I headed towards the outer gate where they were waiting for me. My mother's eyes widened, her mouth slightly agape. My father adjusted his jacket until his gaze shifted from the ground to me. He stopped dead in his tracks, looking incredibly angry.

I grinned, "Is something wrong?"

My mother, desperate, exclaimed, "Kanna!"

His eyebrows furrowed, "That's not the attire, and I believe you're fully aware of that."

I stepped forward, my heels echoing. "Exactly right, father."

I attempted to walk beside him to get into the car, but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I looked at him, surprised.

His expression darkened, and he applied pressure, "Do you want me to punish the servants for your behavior?"

I took a sharp breath, "I-"

He raised an eyebrow dangerously, "And that's precisely why you'll obediently go back inside and do as I say."

I gritted my teeth in anger.

I said to him, quietly and dangerously, "Blackmail isn't a fair method."

I shook my arm free from his grip and went back inside. I clenched my fists in frustration, stomping around.

Is he serious?

Making others suffer to control me?

I slammed the door open, startling them. They were just putting my clothes in the closet when I snatched them from their hands.

My right-hand Naoi looked at me with concern, "Kanna..."

Tears welled up, "Everyone, get out."

They hesitated.

"NOW."

They immediately left. I threw the dress to the other side and sat on my bed for a moment, wearing just my underwear, and took my face in my hands, breathing deeply in and out, frustrated.