8- 𝟣.𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃

---

I woke up the next morning and drank the glass of water on my nightstand. 

I had a nightmare about that idiot! He was standing by my bed, staring at me creepily.

I swallowed hard.

 Why did he act so strangely in my room yesterday? 

I sighed. 

Screw him, Kanna. 

I got up.

 I have more important things to do. Time to execute plan one...

My grin widened.

.

.

.

 I dressed to avoid drawing attention. I put on my kimono but left my hair down. I couldn't suddenly start doing everything my father wished for; it would be too obvious that I was up to something, AND WE DON'T WANT THAT!

 I took a deep breath and stared at myself in the mirror.

 I slapped my cheeks and winced in pain, "Yosh, Kanna!" 

I was startled when Maya suddenly poked her head in, looking at me like I was crazy and sighed, "Are you nuts?"

 I laughed, "Be quiet, you know how excited I am!!" 

My grin widened. 

She opened the door and placed her hands on her hips, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Now go to the dining room."

 I sighed and walked past her. I had to behave as usual.

 Maya was 19, my right hand and personal servant. We were like sisters... we trusted each other with everything. She was going to support me in my plan. Someone who supports me...

I opened the door to the dining room. Kiyosaka's gaze lifted from the floor to me, scanning my body. I raised an eyebrow, and he looked back down at his bread. Even though Kiyosaka wasn't related to us by blood, he was my father's right hand, just as Maya was for me. He was dangerous and my biggest threat today. 

I sat down at the dining table, opposite my mother, with Kiyosaka next to her. My father, as the head of the family, was seated at the head of the table to my left. He had finished eating, dabbed his mouth with a napkin, and leaned back slightly in his chair. 

I took an apple and poured myself some coffee as usual. I noticed my father's gaze. I pretended not to notice. 

I bit into my apple, and he raised an eyebrow, "No arguments from you today?"

Shit, did I behave differently? 

I swallowed and looked at him, confused, "Is that what you want?" 

He just stared at me without saying anything. My mother looked at me too and then continued eating.

 Ah yes, I would leave my mother behind too... sorry, mom.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed by everyone, stood up with the apple and my cup of coffee, and left. I quickly went to the kitchen, finished my apple, took a big gulp of my coffee, and placed the cup in the sink. I sprinted back to my room and saw Maya preparing a large backpack for me. My heart warmed. 

I love you, Maya!

I locked the door and opened my closet, packing all the necessary items. Underwear, t-shirt, shorts, jeans, hoodie, hygiene items, book, notebook, ID, and most importantly, the money I had saved for months! 

It was in an envelope, and I kissed it and put it in the bag. I also packed flip-flops. I hid my backpack under my bed until the time came to break out of this cage!

I spent the afternoon as usual in my room, keeping myself busy.

 I was so excited! 

Finally, night came... my parents always went to their room at 10 PM.

 Kiyosaka would guard my room starting at 11 PM. 

He would check in once and then leave. I looked at my phone, 10:59. I quickly sat down in my chair and pretended to read a book.

 1

2

3

 NOW

 He pressed the door handle and stepped in briefly. He scanned the room, his gaze fixing on me, and scoffed. I didn't look up and just showed my middle finger. He slammed the door shut. 

Maya should come shortly too. It took about 5 minutes, and she came in. She grinned widely, and we hugged tightly. 

Tears welled up, and I whispered, "I'm leaving you alone in this wretched house..." 

She ran her hand through my hair, broke the hug, and took my face in her hands, "Kanna, I want you to do what makes you happy!" 

My eyes widened. 

I didn't want to cry... but that stupid tear rolled down anyway. 

Like a baby, I started to cry quietly because of Kiyosaka. 

She pinched my arm like always, and I laughed through my tears, "Ouch!" 

She chuckled, "I want you to leave this estate with your head held high, like a free bird!"

 I nodded eagerly and went to the clothes I had laid out on the bed for tonight. A gray hoodie, cap, black jeans, sneakers. I put everything on and looked at myself in the mirror one last time as I put on the cap and pulled the hood over it. 

I went to the window, and she followed me. 

I looked back at her one more time and swallowed hard, "Maya, please take care of yourself... and-... my mother too."

 Her eyes widened in surprise but then softened. 

She patted my shoulder, and I nodded at her before jumping out, hearing her whisper, "Be free, my little bird..."

---

---