5 - 𝒢𝑜𝒿𝑜 𝒮𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓊

Kanna Mori.

I traced my finger over her resume, which I held in my hand, while staring out at the night sky from my apartment window. I played with the list in my hand, amused. 

Kanna Mori... interesting, very interesting. 

A girl with a strong character, as wild as a feral animal, fearless, cheeky like a little mouse, and beautiful like a black diamond. 

I laughed and tossed the list onto the desk.

The first time I saw her was at a school festival three years ago, an event she probably doesn't even remember. I was walking down from the Mori estate when I heard a loud noise. Using my Six Eyes, I scanned the area but saw only one person.

 I raised an eyebrow, and just before I could investigate further, a girl jumped over the fence.

 Everything happened in slow motion before my eyes. 

Our eyes widened, and our gazes locked... her beautiful, slightly wavy black hair, resembling a black hole, contrasting with the full moon above, her eyes as beautiful as a thorny rose, a flower I knew would hurt if you got too close. 

She wore a mask, pulled down to her chin, a denim jumpsuit with a white T-shirt. She landed on the ground, panicked slightly, and quickly ran away.

I was momentarily stunned by her appearance but quickly gathered myself and saw her running away. 

Grinning, I teleported in front of her, causing her to bump her nose against my chest. 

She fell on her butt and held her nose in pain. "WTF!"

I slipped my hands into my pockets. "Who are you?"

She was already lifting her leg when I leaned forward, amused.

 She glared at me. "None of your business!"

I raised an eyebrow. "You're on Jujutsu grounds and jumped out of the Mori building. You could be an enemy."

I wanted to scare her a bit, so I activated my Six Eyes, increasing the pressure of my cursed energy, and looked at her like she was an enemy. 

Her eyes widened, and I thought she would be scared like any normal person with common sense—or maybe she was just stupid. 

She scoffed, stood up, and brushed the dirt off her butt. "If you were that serious, you'd have already killed me if I were an enemy."

Aha... she has a brain.

 My grin widened even more as I leaned in to study her. 

Our eyes stayed locked. She had a dark, feminine aura. Her eyes were seductive, her perfume smelled faintly of cherries and lingered in the air, and her defiant posture demanded to be put in place.

She placed her hand on my chest, and at that moment, reality hit me again. I had turned off my Infinity, distracted by thoughts of her. Her touch on my chest gave me goosebumps, and the area felt warm.

She flashed a cocky smile. "I'm Kanna from the Mori family, so don't even think about getting in my way."

She walked past me and then ran off again. 

I stood there, stunned. I scoffed and laughed like a madman, running a hand through my hair and licking my lower lip. 

I had heard that the Mori family had a daughter who rarely went out. 

This girl... her cheeky smile... I'll break it.

I wandered through my apartment and collapsed onto my couch, one leg hanging off slightly, staring at the ceiling.

 Kanna Mori... 

it was so amusing to see her shatter her hairpin in a fit of rage on the floor or to watch her fearlessly leap across the courtroom table to punch Naoya, even when she could have been completely banned. 

The cigarette that touched her lips... 

I traced my finger across my forehead. 

For years, nothing had piqued my interest because I already had everything and could do everything. Life became boring, so I took the job at the Jujutsu Academy to combat that boredom. Day after day, killing weak curses without even using one percent of my power. But that damn brat managed to captivate me within fifteen minutes, lasting three years.

It's not love, and it's not a crush. 

She doesn't let herself be toyed with, and that annoys me. 

I slightly opened my jacket. 

I want her to count on me, to need me.

My grin returned as I realized I would shamelessly exploit this.