13- 𝒢𝑜𝒿𝑜 𝒮𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓊

I was amused as I watched her from a distance, observing her actions. I made my presence known and felt her cursed energy as she ran outside, like a fool, into the arms of the cursed spirit. 

I sighed, remembering she had never been on any real missions, only two years in the classroom.

 She should have been able to handle this curse... 

I watched from afar, finding it cute how she tried to hide from me without even realizing she was in a domain.

I took out another chocolate bar, intrigued to see if she could kill the curse. 

No sign of progress...

I took a big bite, swallowing hard without a drink and tapping my chest. 

Still no sign. 

I had to intervene; I still needed her. 

Teleporting in front of the domain, I sighed. 

How boring... 

I extended my hand into the domain, and my mere presence caused it to collapse.

I held back my laughter as I saw she was almost consumed by the monster. I quickly pulled her out, tossing her into the air. She weighed almost nothing. Catching her like a little princess, she stared at me with her dark brown eyes. I grinned and killed the cursed spirit as it emerged. 

But when I pinned her against the tree, all the color drained from her face. At first, I thought she was scared of me. No... Had the monster's domain exhausted her?

  That didn't make sense; she would have shown fear earlier. It had to be something else.

She suddenly slumped to the ground, and I felt... worried? 

An annoying feeling.

 She looked at me with wide eyes, trembling uncontrollably. 

"Kanna, hey, what's wrong!?" I called to her, but she didn't respond. 

Her mouth was slightly open, her lips trembling. 

I had never seen her so weak...

Fear crept in as I realized she was losing consciousness. I grabbed her shoulder, gently lifting her into my arms.

 She murmured softly, "...yosaka..." before passing out completely.

I carefully cupped her face with my free hand, shaking her gently.

 "Hey, wake up!"

 Tsk. 

I checked her pulse and exhaled in relief. She had only fainted.

 But wait... Yosaka? Who or what was that?

I lifted her in a bridal style , her head resting against my chest, feeling her light breaths. 

Why was my body so affected by her?

 I teleported us to Shoko.

She was startled, cigarette in mouth. 

She rolled her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that?"

"Yeah, yeah, that's not important right now. Take care of her."

Her eyes shifted to Kanna in my arms. 

"Alright, lay her on the bed." 

I gently placed her down, brushing a strand of hair from her face. Shoko checked her pulse, pupils, and heartbeat. 

She stubbed out her cigarette, "She's fine, just unconscious."

I breathed a sigh of relief.

 Shoko glanced between me and Kanna, then settled into her chair, resting her head in her hand. "Knowing you, you've taken a liking to her."

I looked surprised and laughed softly, "I haven't."

She pointed her cigarette at me, "Liar."

I sighed, "No, really... she's just... interesting."

She lit her cigarette, making a gagging noise, "Ew."

Annoyed, I replied, "Let me know when she wakes up." 

She sighed and turned her chair, her back to me. I left the room, deciding against informing Mori that I had found her. I looked back at the door, seeing her through the window. 

She looked so peaceful, and I recalled her desperate cry, "But it's my life!"

 Yes, Kanna, I know how it feels to want control
over your own life.

 Yes, Kanna, I know how it feels to want control over your own life