Chapter 25

"Fucker won't quit!" Sapnap spat out as he held onto his side.

It was just him and George left. Skeppy and Bad were too injured to help any further and had to retreat to seek medical attention. Sure, George could have healed them but the brunette couldn't risk straining his powers too thin. He had to focus his energy on bringing the building down on top of the monstrosity.

Suddenly the creature lifted his hand and out of nowhere strange, green-colored monsters appeared, surrounding the pair. Confusion made the pair freeze and it nearly proved to be a fatal move. Mere seconds after spawning the green creatures started hissing.

"Oh shit!" Sapnap yelled when he realized what was about to happen.

Luckily George was quick enough to use the earth beneath their feet to make a barrier between them and the exploding mob of creatures. The pair huddled close to each other as they waited for the explosions to quiet down.

George then felt a sharp pain attack his chest and practically keeled over. He had overexerted himself again. His body felt weak and when Sapnap tried to pick him up he grimaced at how limp the brunette had become.

"George, come on man. Please... I need you to stay strong here." Sapnap pleaded as their rock shield slowly crumbled.

"Easier said than done asshole," George grumbled, already seeing black at the edges of his vision.

Sapnap swore under his breath when the barrier finally turned to dust. He then saw a tall, dark creature with glowing purple eyes standing beside the winged monster. The minute his eyes met this new monster's, its mouth dropped in an angry expression before letting out a terrifying screech.

It started running towards him at an incredible speed. Sapnap instantly moved away to dodge before condemning himself when he realized he left a nearly immobile George open for attack. Luckily for George the tall creature seemed set on attacking Sapnap.

The fire mage propelled himself in different directions trying to dodge. Worry budding in his heart as he noticed that he was getting farther away from George and it looked like the winged monster was preparing to attack.

"George!" Sapnap yelled out as he continued to move away from the monster attacking him.

The brunette managed to lift his heavy head just in time to see the winged creature send feathers shooting out of his wings to fly towards him like sharpened blades. George managed to find a tiny drop of his powers left and used it to conjure up a short-lived sand geyser in front of him.

It didn't fully stop the feathers but luckily it deflected them well enough to miss any vital points and instead merely scratch at his skin. One of them managed to rip the corner of his mask off and the thin cloth fluttered to the ground.

George's arms and legs then gave way and he found himself collapsing to the ground.

If I live through this, I'm gonna train every single day... George declared ruefully in his head. Why am I so weak...

He felt the winged creature move closer to him.

Fuck... I'm sorry Dream... guess it's my turn to go first. George thought, tears already gathering in his eyes at the thought of leaving the blonde alone. He didn't want Dream to go through the same pain that he went through before... heck George wouldn't have wished it upon his worst enemy.

Then something weird happened. When the winged creature saw George's face, its eyes grew wide and he seemed taken aback.

"You..." it spoke in an ethereal voice.