Chapter 30

"Dream? Our scouts have spotted them. They'll be here soon." Sapnap informed over the pack 

link.

"Well then, let's get ready to welcome them," The blonde responded as he left his tent to walk over to where a small group of shifters, including the head warrior, and Sapnap stood.

"Dream, this idea is genius... if we can get the harpies on our side we'll have a countermeasure for those damn magic users who prefer to hover above us while attacking," Sapnap commented with a proud grin. "Support for you has increased significantly since we put this plan into action."

Lately, he's felt like Dream has been a little too lax with his campaign for Alpha. He often found the blonde daydreaming with a smile on his face during the day and by the time night rolled around he would disappear. He didn't want to nag the guy, but they were in a dangerous situation. With the witches and warlocks amassing a large army, they needed to think of their own ways to fight off the threat. If they were to be attacked at that moment, they would find themselves severely outnumbered within seconds. Not to mention he had tough competition for the title.

This had him on edge, but for the past two weeks Dream has been rather serious in finding allies, and luckily, they've been met with positive responses. He didn't know what had triggered the sudden shift in his friend's attitude to his responsibilities but he was thankful all the same.

And thank Goddess he didn't ask for an explanation, for he would have been severely disappointed to find out that the only reason why Dream was suddenly so fired up was because he hadn't seen George since the night of their first kiss. The vampire had warned him that it would be difficult to get away but the alpha didn't realize that he would go nearly a month of no contact with his mate.

Mathais was sick with worry, and Dream was right there with him. Before they had separated that night, he had given George the task of finding out more on the matter of the witch who was on the run, while he tried to get the harpies' side of the story. There were several groups of harpies in the area so he had to contact each one under the guise of setting up an alliance to form one big army to take out the witches.

"Dream, I presume?" A harpy asked as the flock landed right in front of him.

"Yes, are you the leader?"

"No, merely his stand-in..." came the reply.

Dream then led him over to the tent where they usually had his pack meetings so they could all discuss the conditions of their alliance.

"We are very interested in this arrangement. Those damn witches have been hunting down my kind for decades. We know that we can't stand against them alone. But as much as we want to 

aid you in an all-out attack, I'm afraid we can't fully lend our support." The harpy explained.

"Why ever not?"

"You see, our leader has disappeared."

Dream's heart filled with hope at those words but he tried his best to appear calm. "Were they attacked?"

"We don't know. They just vanished without a trace or an explanation. We have decided to put all our focus and manpower into finding him. So, unfortunately, we cannot lend you any of our troops at this current time."

"What if we offered to aid you in your search?" Dream suddenly suggested, making the harpies look at him with surprise. "We shifters, werewolves specifically, are talented in tracking. I'm sure our help will be most beneficial to you."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, with the understanding that you will join us once we have found your leader."