Chapter 5

Warning!

George is about to have another nightmare, and it might get a little bloody.

Please proceed with caution.

=0=0=0=0=0=

Where am I? George wondered. He could hear a crackling fire and felt his whole body practically burning from the flames, and the sounds of war echoing in the background. He tried to open his eyes and once again found himself trapped in his nightmare, but this time it was a bit different.

Instead of finding his unknown lover already lying on the floor and bleeding out, he saw two men fighting.

One man wielded a large battle axe and had a burly physique. His moves were violent and aggressive, and he reeked of bloodlust.

The other man fighting was more agile but had a smaller and lean form. His moves were more refined, yet he appeared to be struggling to defend himself with his sword.

George instantly recognized the second person as his lover and tried to stand up to assist him. He couldn't understand why he still found it so difficult to move, and when he tried using his powers instead, he discovered them to be muted.

He then turned his attention back to the duel happening in front of him and his heart dropped to his stomach and everything went silent as he witnessed the large man swing his gigantic axe down at his lover, breaking through his thin sword and slashing his lover's chest.

A loud sob left George's lips as he watched his beloved's body fall to the ground, blood soaking his clothes and the green grass underneath him.

George's whole body started to shake, his lips quivering as tears ran freely from his eyes. His heart ached his lungs constricted and cries of anguish left his throat.

No please... don't leave me... you promised... George thought as he somehow found a burst of strength to crawl towards his dying love.

As he neared the figure something very odd started happening. Something that had never occurred in his nightmares before. The shadow that usually darkened the face of his beloved was suddenly lifted and now George could see his partner's features.

Dirty blonde hair, and green eyes...

George stared at the man in front of him in disbelief.

"Dream?"

=0=0=0=0=

Nightmare over!

Are you all okay? Was it too much? 

Cause if it was you might not survive this book...

=0=0=0=0=

George woke up with a start, he sat up immediately and looked around the unfamiliar room.

Oh, right... I'm still at the institute... the brunette reminded himself as the memories of what transpired yesterday resurfaced.

George then lifted a hand to rub his head as he tried to recall his nightmare. What on earth was that? I've always seen the same part of that memory over and over again since my powers manifested. This time I saw a bit more, and what was Dream doing in my memory... What could have caused this sudden change?