3.

Finally, it was the day of the wedding. I was getting ready in the bride's room. Mom came to the room to take me to the aisle. I had invited everyone for the wedding. But when I went to invite Becky, the most important person who gave me a second life, she didn't let me in. But it's fine; I just left the card with her PA.

Mom smiled wide, looking at me with a few drops of happy tears in her eyes. She opened a necklace box and put the necklace on my neck. It was so beautiful. She said, "Freen, this was the last gift from your dad. He left you this. I didn't want you to sell this, so I hid it from you."

I smiled; it's okay, not a big deal. I know how much she loves Dad. Well, the necklace was so beautiful. It was a costly diamond necklace. I just smiled at her reassuringly.

Soon we left for the aisle. I smiled seeing Mom smile so wide, showing all her 32 teeth. I came to the center, and there stood my soon-to-be husband Kirk. I was feeling something strange, like someone around is staring at me. I know all are seeing me, but someone is staring.

I looked around to see all my friends smiling at me and encouraging me. Kirk looked nervous. Well, Kirk is a model and soon-to-be film star. He struggled too a year ago, but now he's a bit popular. There were media personnel all over.

Finally, it was time to exchange our rings. Kirk held the ring and held my hand to put the ring. But someone shouted in a loud voice, clearly, "Stop..!"

I knew the owner of the voice. Yeah, Rebecca. All eyes were on her. Kirk flinched as though he saw a ghost, and the ring fell to the ground, rolling down to where Becky was. Becky bent down and picked the ring. She smiled seeing it and continued, "You can't marry someone who's already married, Mr. Kirk."

She stared at him, and as she looked at me, I felt nervous, as though I belonged to her and got caught doing improper things. But it wasn't true. Wait, did she just say I'm married? When did I? She walked forward and showed a paper to the media. She said loud and clear, "Freen Sarocha Armstrong is my wife!"

I was taken aback. What the heck. When did I become her wife? I closed my eyes while realizing that the paper was, yes, it was signed by me. Was it... no no, don't tell me it was marriage papers that I signed in urgency.

Damn, I'm screwed. I just looked at Mom, who was so worried about this mess. God, I don't want to see her like that. Becky came forward and showed the papers to Kirk and said, "Back off; she's my wife."

She had so much attitude in her face, like she was not spoiling my marriage, but Kirk's. She was smirking at him. But why? Wasn't it me whom she wanted to take revenge on? No, I mean, yeah, I'm married to her now. But.... The look in her eyes for Kirk was something different.

I dragged her to the aisle to a room. I locked the door behind and said, "Why? Why did you do this?"

She said with a smirk, "Oh, you are asking me why I did this as if you don't know!"

She laughed and said, "Of course, to ruin your life, darling; I know you're not so dumb!"

I was taken aback. She said, "Okay, so, my wife, go get your things. Let's go to our parents' home. I mean, my parents' home."

I sighed and just walked out with no hopes left. I know I can't do anything. I went to Mom and looked at her with hope. My tears fell down my cheeks.

She said, "What's with this girl, Freen? Are you into girls? You never said to me! Why did you agree to marriage if you already had married that to the murderer of your dad? I didn't expect..."

I said, "What did you say, Mom? Murderer?"

Mom said, "Yes, she's the murderer, Freen. She surely is."

I said, "But Mom, why do you suspect her?"

She said, "Her dad; he was an employee of our company years back; he was found to kill your dad. So he was removed from the company and even sent to jail.!"

I was so shocked by this new information. I gasped and hugged my mom.

I said, "Mom, I didn't marry her. She gave me money for the company; maybe she made me sign those papers at that time. I'll surely take my revenge on her if she wants to be my wife. Let her be ready to suffer too."

Mom said, "But your happiness, Freen?"

Freen said, "Mom, don't worry about it. Nothing is more important than this revenge!"

.........