9.

Freen's PoV

What just happened? Becky changed in front of me. My heart was about to leap out of my chest. Why is she doing this? Is it on purpose? Oh my god, stop it, Freen. I was staring at her the whole time she did that. But why did she do that? Uff... I got down from the bed, still my heart pounding loudly.

I bathed and got ready. I ate the breakfast Becky had set for me. Then I left the house. I was smiling unknowingly. Why was I even smiling? All I could think about now was that hot... stop it, Freen, what are you thinking? Idiot, idiot, weave it off!

I went to the company and my employees were back to normal. There were no more gossips. I took my phone and checked my Instagram. Oh, so Becky kissed me last night. Yeah, it was trending on the internet. I mean our passionate kiss. Ew, Freen, what are you saying?

But as I watched the clip, wait, why was I reacting to her kiss? This clip looks like we are deeply in love. But in reality, we are deeply in hate!

I smiled at that thought. Wtf, Freen, what are you thinking today? About your wife? Nah, don't think too much about her...

I was distracted from my thoughts when my PA came into the room. I put my phone on silent and asked her to come in. I kept myself busy with work. There was a lot of paperwork today again, so I had to stay late. I forgot to eat my lunch.

When I was done, it was already 12 am. Yesterday, Becky had come to pick me up when it was late. Today she's not here? Maybe she was tired, so she went home. Or yesterday, she just came to clear the mess up, I guess. I took my phone out and turned it on. I saw 59 missed calls from Becky's number and another unknown number. Why did she call me that many times?

I called back and started to panic. I shouldn't have kept my phone on silent. They didn't receive the call now. I tried and tried, but the call couldn't be reached, and Becky's phone was already dead. Fuck, did something happen?

I took the car and went straight home. I thought Becky would be there, but to my surprise, the whole house was locked. Did something happen again? Did someone get injured? Is Becky's mom or dad ill? I tried to call, but I didn't know whom to call. I took my car and went to all the nearby hospitals. I didn't find any near home. I tried to search the news, but nothing was there. I hope everything is fine.

I went near Becky's company, searching each hospital. It was already 1:30 AM by that time. As I reached a hospital near Becky's company, I asked them about Armstrong. The receptionist said, "Yes, ma'am, there's a patient in room 505 named Rebecca Armstrong. She was admitted in the morning. There was a lot of blood loss from her head! By the way, what are you to the patient?"

I replied, "I'm her wife!"

The receptionist told me to calm down. But I rushed to the lift and went to room 505 on the 5th floor. I was panicking badly. Is Becky in danger? What happened to her? As I got there, I saw Becky's mom and dad standing outside the emergency ward. I hoped she was okay. Still, the doctors were operating. Was the accident that severe?

I saw another girl. Maybe she's Becky's employee. I wanted to ask them what happened, but you know, we're not that close. I just wanted to see Becky fine. The doctor came out in a few minutes, and we all looked at him with anxious, questioning eyes.

.............