29.

Becky's PoV

As days turned into weeks, Freen and I settled into a rhythm. Each day was a new opportunity to show her that my love was genuine and unwavering. Despite the lingering shadows of our past, we were creating a future together, step by step.

One sunny afternoon, we decided to take a walk in the park. The fresh air and open space felt liberating, a stark contrast to the emotional confines we had been navigating. Freen seemed more relaxed, her laughter more frequent, and her smiles more genuine.

As we walked, hand in hand, I noticed a small café on the corner, adorned with vibrant flowers and a quaint charm. "How about we grab a coffee?" I suggested, hoping to prolong our time together.

Freen nodded, and we headed inside. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee enveloped us, and we found a cozy spot by the window. As we sipped our drinks, we talked about everything and nothing—our favorite books, childhood memories, and dreams for the future.

"Do you ever think about what life will be like a few years from now?" Freen asked, her eyes reflecting a mix of curiosity and uncertainty.

I took a moment to consider her question. "I do. I think about us having a place of our own, filled with love and laughter. Maybe a small garden where we can grow flowers and herbs. I see us supporting each other through life's ups and downs, growing stronger together."

She smiled, a hint of wistfulness in her expression. "That sounds wonderful. I want that too, Becky. But sometimes, the fear of the unknown creeps in."

I reached across the table, taking her hand in mine. "It's okay to be scared, Freen. But we don't have to face the unknown alone. We have each other, and that's what matters."

Freen squeezed my hand, her grip firm and reassuring. "You're right. As long as we're together, we can handle anything."

As we left the café, a sense of contentment washed over me. We were making progress, one day at a time. But I knew there were still hurdles to overcome, especially with Freen's family and the societal expectations that weighed heavily on her.

Back at home, I decided to talk to Freen's mom about our relationship and our future. I wanted her to understand how much I loved Freen and how committed I was to making her happy.

"Mom," I began hesitantly, "I need to talk to you about something important."

She looked up from her book, her expression curious. "What is it, Becky?"

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "I love Freen more than anything in this world. And I want to spend the rest of my life with her. But I also know that our relationship is not what you envisioned for her."

Freen's mom put down her book and gave me her full attention. "Becky, I see how happy you make her. And that's what matters most to me. I want Freen to be happy, to live a life filled with love and joy. If you can give her that, then you have my blessing."

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Mom. I promise I'll do everything in my power to make Freen happy."

Later that evening, Freen and I sat on the porch, enjoying the cool breeze. I told her about my conversation with her mom, and she seemed relieved. "It's good to know she supports us," Freen said softly.

"Yes, it is," I agreed. "But we still have to navigate this journey together, facing any challenges that come our way."

Freen nodded, her resolve strengthening. "We will, Becky. We'll build a future that's truly ours."

As the night sky enveloped us, I felt a sense of peace. We were moving forward, building bridges over the gaps that once separated us. Our love was strong enough to withstand the tests of time and adversity.

.........

Double update 😛! Enjoy the chapters.😇