22.

Becky's PoV

I woke up in the morning, but Freen wasn't by my side. I don't know what's wrong with her since yesterday. Did something happen? I was in my thoughts when Mom came to the room.

She said, "Becky, how are you feeling now?"

I pushed a small smile and said, "I'm fine, Mom."

Our relationship was becoming okay. My mom and dad have been nice to me since the accident. I thank Freen for everything; she's the only right person in my life. But why was she so tense, and where did she go this early in the morning?

Something is bothering her, but she's not ready to tell me yet. Maybe she doesn't love me yet. She's just taking care of me out of humanity. I shouldn't have thought of it that way. Maybe she doesn't love me.

Mom helped me out of bed and made me get freshened up since Freen wasn't home. Mom said, "Don't worry, Becky. Freen will be back soon and she'll be nice to you."

So, Mom knows I was thinking of her. Well, but how does she know where Freen has gone since Freen hasn't said anything about it to anyone?

After getting freshened up, Mom went down to get food. But to my surprise, Friend was here with the tray. She smiled at me and I pushed a smile too. The only genuine smile comes when Freen is around me.

Friend said, "How are you feeling now, ma'am?"

I said, "Friend, I'm fine now. I'm sorry, Friend , I shouldn't have betrayed you!"

Friend said with her teary eyes, "It's okay, Becbec. I'll always love you. I'll still love you whether you love me or not. Whether you betray me or not!"

I got a hint of her pain. How much it must have hurt her to say those words. I said, "Friend, please don't do this to yourself. Go away from me, you'll eventually forget..."

Friend said, breaking my words, "Bec, I can forget myself, but I can never forget you. I don't know if you ever loved me, but I loved you with all of my heart and soul. It's okay if you don't want me to stay here with you, I'll leave once you're cured. I'll even hire a new PA who can understand you and help you with your work."

I was speechless. She loves me so much! My eyes filled with tears as I said to her, "I'm truly sorry, Friend. You don't deserve this pain. Please forget me!"

She laughed and said, "You want me to go crazy, Bec? I already told you, I can forget myself but not you. You know I rarely sleep these days. When I close my eyes, all I can see is you—your cute smile, your smell, and your lips touching mine. Sorry for sexualizing you, but I love you a lot. Sorry if I'm bothering you. I'll leave soon, don't worry."

My tears flowed nonstop. I didn't know what to say to this. Finally, I took a deep breath and leaned in. I held her nape and pulled her to kiss her. When our lips touched, I parted and our foreheads touched. I said, "I'm sorry, Friend. This would be our last meeting!"

When I let her go, she looked toward the door in shock. I turned toward the door and my soul left my body. Freen was standing right there. Shit, how am I going to explain what just happened? God, I'm screwed. Freen excused herself and ran. Maybe she'll explain, but I have to explain too, only if I could run after her.

My body became numb, thinking about how Freen might have felt right now. Does she love me? Even if not, I can't betray my wife! What I just did wasn't ethical. I'll take whatever Freen decides on. Yes, I'll take it up!

............

Ok I'm giving double updates today complete 1000 votes on the story for next chapter. If u haven't yet voted the previous chapters please do vote.

Thank you.

Happy reading!