23.

Freen's PoV

I had gone to the hospital early that morning, determined to uncover the truth. The DNA test results were ready, and I was both anxious and hopeful about what I might learn.

The hospital was bustling with activity as I walked in, my mind racing. I found the lab and waited impatiently for the technician to call my name. When he finally handed me the envelope, I felt a surge of apprehension. I stepped into a quiet corner and opened it.

The first truth hit me like a ton of bricks: I was not the daughter of Mrs. Chankhima. My mother—the woman who had raised me, loved me, and disciplined me—was not my biological mother. My hands trembled as I read and reread the results, trying to process this revelation.

Before I could fully grasp this, Detective Deek approached me. She had a serious expression, which made my heart pound even faster.

"Freen, I have some more news for you," she said, her tone grave. "The hair sample I provided—it's Kirk's. We've managed to track him down and he's been arrested. But there's something else you need to know."

I stared at her, feeling a mix of confusion and dread.

"Kirk is your stepmother's son," she continued. "He's your half-brother."

The ground felt like it was slipping away from under me. My stepmother? The woman who had always treated me with such distance and coldness—she was Kirk's mother? And Kirk, the man who had tormented Becky and me, was my half-brother? It was too much to take in all at once.

I left the hospital in a daze, my mind a whirlwind of emotions. I felt betrayed, hurt, and utterly lost. I needed to get home, to find some semblance of normalcy in the chaos that my life had suddenly become.

When I arrived home, the sight that greeted me stopped me in my tracks. Becky was sitting on the bed, kissing Friend, her ex-lover. A steamy pain shot through my heart, a mixture of betrayal and sorrow. I had just discovered unimaginable truths about my family, and now this?

I stood there, unable to move, my mind reeling. Becky looked up, and her eyes widened in shock when she saw me. She pulled away from Friend, who quickly excused herself and ran out of the room. Becky's face was pale, her eyes filled with guilt and fear.

"Freen, it's not what it looks like," she began, her voice trembling.

But I couldn't hear her. The pain was too raw, too overwhelming. Everything I had believed in, everything I had held onto, was crumbling around me. I turned and walked out, ignoring Becky's desperate calls for me to stop.

I needed to be alone. I needed to think. I needed to figure out who I was, what my life meant now, and how I could move forward from this mess. I walked to the park nearby and found a secluded bench, my mind racing with everything I had learned.

Kirk, my half-brother. My mother, not my real mother. And Becky, the woman I loved, kissing her ex. My heart felt like it was being torn apart. How could I ever make sense of this chaos?

I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths, trying to calm the storm inside me. The truth was painful, but it was also liberating. I knew I needed to confront my stepmother, to understand why she had hidden the truth from me. And I needed to talk to Becky, to find out where we stood, to see if our love could survive this betrayal.

As I sat there, the sun setting on the horizon, I resolved to face these challenges head-on. I would find the strength to deal with the truths and lies, the betrayals and the love. For now, I needed to gather my thoughts and prepare for the battles ahead.

...........

Ok so complete 1000 votes and I have a surprise for you guys.!

Yes a new story 😉. So fast fast vote fast so that you'll get a new story and also a new chapter 😌. Double dhamaka offer !