15.

Becky's PoV

Freen was sitting on the bed beside me, her eyes clouded with worry since she returned home. I couldn't help but feel concerned for her. "Freen, are you okay?" I asked gently.

She seemed to snap out of her thoughts, giving me a small, forced smile. "Yes, Becky, I'm fine. You should rest now."

I reached out and took her hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "You know you can tell me anything. I know we're new to this relationship, but if you don't trust me, it's fine..."

Freen immediately held my hands together, her grip firm yet tender. "I'm sorry, Becky, that I didn't believe you that day when Kirk almost..."

I sighed and wiped a tear from her cheek. "Freen, you were right. Nothing actually happened that day, but I pretended it did. He did come in to touch me, but I couldn't let him. I've learned self-defense, so I protected myself before he could do anything after you left the room. But then I wanted to send him to jail, so I created the mess."

Freen nodded, her eyes filled with a mix of regret and determination. She hugged me gently, careful not to hurt my leg. "I never knew Kirk could do that. I'm really sorry, Becky. And one more thing: he's no longer in jail, so we should be careful."

I looked at her in surprise. "What? Kirk is out? But how? Who gave him bail?"

Freen held my hands again, her gaze steady and reassuring. "Don't panic, Becky. I won't leave your side. I'll be here to protect you in your vulnerable state."

Tears gathered in my eyes as I nodded. Her soothing words and genuine care were changing my feelings towards her. I was growing attached to her, not wanting to leave her side.

Trying to lighten the mood, I teased, "So, Freen, we're sleeping on the same bed now."

My cheeks reddened as I smiled. Freen playfully slapped my hand, her own cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Yeah, yeah, and I'll cuddle you too."

I grinned at her. "Then what are you waiting for? Give me my meds and let's cuddle fast. I can't wait any longer to feel your warmth, your smell, and your b—"

I laughed before finishing the sentence, watching as Freen turned fully red and got out of bed to fetch my medication and a glass of water. After taking the meds, I looked at her sheepishly. "Freen, I need to pee."

Freen nodded and gently lifted me from the bed. I clung to her shoulder as she carried me to the bathroom, setting me down inside and waiting just outside the door.

"Done, Becky? I'm coming in now!" she called.

I didn't respond, feeling a bit embarrassed. When she entered, she found me trembling, struggling to pull my pants up. Freen came over and helped me stand, then helped me pull my pants up.

She teased, "It's a waste to pull them up now. I already had the full view."

I blushed but managed to retort, "So, you want to see more?"

Freen fell silent, her cheeks flushing. She simply lifted me back to the bed. We both settled in, and she cuddled me cautiously, mindful of my fractured leg. Her presence was soothing, and her scent was intoxicating. I slept peacefully, wrapped in her warmth, feeling safe and cherished with an angel beside me.

The next morning, Freen was already awake, making sure everything was in order. She brought me breakfast in bed, carefully cutting the fruits and feeding them to me with a tenderness I'd never experienced before. As I chewed, she received a phone call.

"Hold on, Becky, I need to take this," she said, stepping out of the room.

While she was gone, Friend, my PA, came in. "Good morning, ma'am . How are you feeling today?" she asked, her tone gentle as she continued to feed me the fruit.

Before I could respond, my parents walked into the room. They looked surprised and a bit relieved to see someone caring for me. My mom said, "Oh, thank goodness. I was worried she was alone."

I tried to explain, "No, actually, it was Freen who—"

But my words were cut off by my dad, who said, "We're just glad someone is taking care of our daughter. Thank you, miss."

Friend smiled, but there was a hint of awkwardness in her expression. "It's no trouble at all."

Freen returned just in time to see the misunderstanding but chose not to correct it. Instead, she stood by silently, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. I caught her gaze, and she gave me a small nod, signaling that it was okay. But I knew this moment would only strengthen my resolve to show my parents how much Freen truly cared for me.

...............