10.

Freen's PoV

The doctor said, "Rebecca Armstrong is out of immediate danger. The injury was severe, and she lost a lot of blood, but we managed to stabilize her. She's still unconscious, but we expect her to wake up soon. She will need to stay here for a few days for observation and recovery."

Relief washed over me, but it was mixed with deep concern. I approached Becky's parents. "What exactly happened?" I asked, my voice trembling.

Becky's mom sighed heavily. "She fainted and fell, hitting her head hard on the pavement. One of her employees who was riding the bike couldn't control and hit her legs. He immediately called for help."

I nodded, absorbing the information. I felt a wave of guilt. Had I been reachable, maybe things would have been different. I sat down, my mind racing. What if something had happened to her?

I looked at Becky through the glass window. She looked so fragile, so unlike her usual confident self. I felt a strange pang in my heart. Was it concern? Affection? I wasn't sure. But one thing was clear: I didn't want to lose her, despite everything.

Becky's parents stood there silently. I wondered what they were thinking. Did they blame me for this? Did they see me as a part of the problem or the solution?

I went towards the room with my heart beating loudly. I can't see her laying like this, helpless. My heart started to beat fast as I opened the door. I slowly went inside. I saw Becky lying on the bed with her right leg suspended from above and her head bandaged. Her face looked pale. Her body thin.

I think I didn't notice she had not been eating at all. Yes, even yesterday night she fed me, but... yeah, I didn't feed her back nor ask her if she had eaten. I'm such a bad person. A tear escaped my eyes.

Whatever the revenge may be, but when you see that person dying, you can't control your emotions. You can't hate them anymore. I feel bad for her right now. I want her to be like before again, to tease me, make me angry, and make me hate her.

I really want her to do that for me. I was lost in my thoughts when the door opened. The doctor and Becky's parents came in. I was just standing there. The doctor said, "Well, anyone can stay here for the night, and the remaining can leave for home."

I said immediately, "I'll stay."

Becky's mom said, "I don't trust you. I'll stay."

I said, "Mm, aunty, give me a chance. I won't disappoint you."

She wanted to say something, but Becky's employee said, "Ma'am, don't worry, I'll stay here too. I'll look after both of them."

Becky's mom calmed down and smiled at her. Why does she not give me that smile? I just sighed and sat next to Becky, holding her hand. Becky's parents finally left, but the girl was still there, so I thought to speak to her.

I approached her and spoke slowly so that Becky wasn't disturbed, "So, what's your name? Do you work for Becky?"

The girl said, "My name is Friend. I'm Miss. Rebecca's PA."

I said, "Oh, thanks for bringing her here and sorry for not picking up the call. I kept my phone on silent."

She said, "It's okay, don't need to worry. Ma'am is safe, that's all that matters. If you wish, you can go home. I'll take care of her!"

I said, "I was about to say the same. You needn't worry about my wife any longer. It's already late at night, so go to your home. I'll book you a taxi."

I felt strange with this girl, like she has some sort of closeness to Becky which I didn't like. She acted as though she were her wife and I'm an outsider. I don't care about Becky, but still, why am I acting like an obsessed wife?

Finally, I made this girl agree with me, and she left for her home. I sighed as I sat next to my wife, holding her hand. I don't know why I feel this way, like I want to tell the world that she's my wife and no one can be close to her.

..............