21.

"Thank you, Freen. Because of you, our daughter is safe and she has started to talk to us. Please never leave her side. I'm sorry for behaving rudely with you earlier. Thank God you're not like your mother."

What does she mean I'm not like my mother? She knows about my mother? I said with curiosity, "What do you mean, Aunty? What did my mother do?"

She said, "Mom, call me Mom, Freen. And about your mother, you will know it by yourself. Don't worry, the detective will help you find out..."

I said, "What, Aunty? You know I had a detective?"

She said, "Well, I was just passing by and heard the conversation between you and..."

I said, "Aunty, how can you do this? Wait, wait. So you're involved too. Maybe Detective Deek is on your side, so she's making me doubt my mom! Shit, I should've known. All are cheating me! Damn it, I believe everyone blindly. Fuck!"

I got out of the home as anger took over me! I walked on the road, not knowing where I was going. I was just very angry that they knew and maybe they're manipulating me against my mom. Maybe my mom was right about Becky.

Suddenly, I could see Becky's face when I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. No, Freen, they are all manipulating you. Don't believe anyone. Don't believe anything! I took a deep breath as I sat on a nearby bench and closed my eyes. All I could see and realize was Becky. Why? Why do I even love her? I hated her, it was all good then. Is my mom really that cruel? Or are Becky and her family too good at manipulating things?

My mind was a mess. I didn't know what to believe and whom to trust any longer. I just have to wait for tomorrow morning's reports. Yeah, the reports at least will tell the truth. And I'll know whom to believe. Till then, I'll just be by myself. I calmed down and walked towards home again.

I saw Becky sitting by her bed waiting for me. As I got in, she said, "Freen, are you okay? Did something happen?"

I nodded no and said, "Nothing to worry about. Just go to sleep. I'll sleep on the couch tonight."

Becky looked at me, surprised, and said, "I'm sorry, Freen! I'm sorry..."

And she started to cry. I don't know why she was crying, but she was feeling guilty about something. Oh, she now wants to admit that she was manipulating me against my mom...

Before I could complete my thinking, she said, "Freen, I'll ask your consent before touching you again. I'll be careful, Freen. Please forgive me, I won't do it again..."

I immediately hugged her. I don't know, I'm very angry at everyone right now, but this vulnerable state of Becky makes me feel sad. I feel like I want to be by her side. Is loving someone that crazy that it takes away all your senses and makes you nonsense?

God, here I was again, taking care of her. Is that how much I love her? But why? Why do I love her this much?

I came out of my thoughts and said, "Becky, it's not about you or your behavior. It's just that I need space. I want to sleep alone. Please allow me. I promise that tomorrow I'll be okay. Just leave me alone tonight."

Becky made a cute crying face that no one can ignore. She said, "Freen, when you were there in all my bad days and bad times, why can't you let me be in your bad days and bad times too? Why, Freen? Don't you think it's fair to do that?"

I got silent. I didn't know how to respond to that. I just don't know whom to believe and whom not to. I'm quite disturbed, but I'll stay strong. Only today. Tomorrow will be the truth day. I'll know it all. Yeah, just a day, Freen, come on.

I then pushed a smile on my face and lay down next to Becky. I was glad that she was beside me. I can't explain how safe I feel staying in her arms. She's the most beautiful feeling in the world. The most beautiful woman I've met in my life. Even though I hated her a lot, now I love her a lot more than that.

My heart tells me to believe her, but my mind is the one pushing me away. Well, for now, there's nothing wrong with listening to my heart. Yeah, I'll listen to my heart now.

...........