28.

Becky's PoV

Finally, Freen forgave me! I was so happy. I know she still doesn't want to get close to me, but I'll prove to her that I love only her. I'll postpone the ring program for now. I'll ask her for marriage after she trusts me. This is my chance to show her that I'm committed, that I'm serious about making things right between us.

I joined Freen's mom in the kitchen. Despite my lack of cooking skills, I wanted to be near her, to learn more about Freen through her. Freen's mom, even in her 50s, radiated beauty and grace. It was easy to see where Freen inherited her stunning looks.

She glanced at me and said, "You're so beautiful, Becky. No wonder Freen loves you so much!"

My heart skipped a beat. "What? Freen loves me?" I asked, unable to contain my excitement.

She nodded, and a wave of pure joy washed over me. I started to dance around the kitchen, my happiness spilling out in the form of spontaneous movements. "Thank you so much, Mom. You don't know how happy I am right now. I always thought she never loved me. But now that I know, I'll put in all my efforts until..."

I fumbled inside my trousers, searching for the ring box. Once I found it, I pulled it out and showed it to Freen's mom. "Until this is on her finger and I can call her my wife."

Her mom smiled warmly at me. "Seeing you love birds makes me happy. Just take care of her, Becky. Don't hurt her. She can't take another betrayal. She has seen all types of betrayal by now. My poor daughter!"

Her words hit me hard, a reminder of the pain Freen had endured, some of which I had caused. I said, "I'm sorry that I caused her pain in the past, Mom, but I promise I'll make sure she's always happy now. I'll never let her suffer again."

Freen's mom hugged me, a gesture of acceptance and support. Just then, Freen walked in, clearing her throat and giving me a playful look of attitude. She didn't realize how adorable she looked when she did that. I wanted to rush over to her, to wrap her in my arms and kiss those sexy lips of hers.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Freen's mom nudging me back to reality. I blushed, realizing I had been openly drooling over my sexy wife-to-be. Freen rolled her eyes, but I caught the faintest hint of a smile playing on her lips.

The days that followed were a blur of effort and determination. I spent every moment trying to prove my love and commitment to Freen. I planned little surprises, cooked her favorite meals (or at least tried to), and made sure to listen attentively whenever she spoke. Slowly, I could see her walls beginning to crack, even if just a little.

One evening, after a particularly trying day, Freen and I sat on the porch, the sky painted in hues of orange and pink as the sun set. "You know, Becky," she began, her voice soft, "it's not easy for me to trust again. But I see how hard you're trying."

I took her hand in mine, squeezing it gently. "I know, Freen. I don't expect it to be easy or quick. I just want you to know that I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

She looked at me, her eyes filled with a mix of hope and uncertainty. "You really mean that, don't you?"

"With all my heart," I replied. "I love you, Freen. And I'll keep showing you that every single day."

Days turned into weeks, and slowly but surely, Freen started to open up more. We had our ups and downs, moments of laughter and tears, but through it all, we grew closer. Her trust in me was something I cherished deeply, something I worked tirelessly to maintain.

One afternoon, as we were sitting in the garden, Freen's mom joined us. She watched us with a tender smile, clearly pleased with how things were progressing between us. "You two remind me of when I first fell in love," she said nostalgically. "It's a beautiful thing, seeing love blossom again."

Freen leaned against me, her head resting on my shoulder. "We still have a long way to go," she admitted. "But I think we're on the right path."

I kissed the top of her head, feeling a warmth spread through my chest. "As long as we're together, we can face anything."

Freen's mom excused herself, leaving us alone in the garden. The evening air was cool, and the scent of blooming flowers filled the space around us. Freen looked up at me, her eyes reflecting the twinkling stars above.

"Becky, about the ring..." she began, her voice trailing off.

I smiled, knowing exactly what she was thinking. "It's okay, Freen. We'll wait until you're ready."

She nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Thank you for understanding."

In that moment, I realized that love wasn't just about grand gestures or dramatic proclamations. It was about the small, everyday moments. It was about being there for each other, through the good and the bad. And most importantly, it was about trust.

As we sat there, wrapped in each other's arms, I knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, we would face them together. Because in the end, love always finds a way.

...................