Chapter 2:

'To clever for her'

When Anakin and Obi-Wan ran to the Senator's room, you followed

When Anakin and Obi-Wan ran to the Senator's room, you followed. Peaking your head in, the Padawan had sliced strange bugs in two with his saber while his master had launched himself through the window and onto a droid.

When Anakin turned to run, he dragged you with him by your arm, up to a yellow speeder. He drove wildly, and you whooped in excitement.

"He's right there!" You pointed to the dumb, older Jedi dangling in the air, and the young man flew right under him, to catch him.

Obi-Wan climbed in the passenger seat, moving you to sit on his lap. His arms sneaked around your waist, to keep you seated and not let you fall out. You had never felt your cheeks burn more in your entire life, but you masked it with excitement for the adventure.

"What took you so long?"

"Oh, you know master, I couldn't find a speeder I really liked."

"There he is," Obi-Wan pointed to a green dot in the distance.

"With the open cockpit and the right speed capabilities," Anakin continued.

"If you spent half the time practicing your saber techniques as you do your wit, you would rival Master Yoda as a swordsman."

"I thought I already did."

"Only in your mind, my very young apprentice. And what is she doing here?!" Kenobi shouted at his apprentice.

"You didn't really think I would leave her alone with the Senator, Master?"

"What makes you think I would've wanted that?" You replied yourself.

"I don't trust you! The bugs could've been a decoy for you to attack Padmé while we were gone."

"Well, I'll admit that's actually very clever," Obi-Wan conceded, "too clever for her," he muttered, earning himself an elbow in the ribs from you.

"That was not the plaaaan!" You raised your cuffed arms in the air, smiling maniacally, as Anakin dove perpendicular to the ground.

Kenobi's arms tightened considerably on you, to the point it was harder to breathe.

"Pull up, Anakin! Pull up!" The apprentice laughed at his master's anxiety, eyeing the two of you and your contrasting opinions on his driving style.

Kenobi uttered a scared moan as the speeder inclined normally again, and you snickered, turning back to him. "I didn't take you for a wihmp, Master," you teased him.

His blue eyes bore into yours, and it looked like he was about to retort before his Padawan interrupted, "my Master doesn't like flying."

"I don't mind flying, but what you're doing is suicide," he quipped, completely ignoring you again.